What's new

Shakuhachi and Ney

Eduardo tarilonte has some nice ones, and shakuhachi from impact sound works may be what you look for

However all have their limits and cannot do what the full range of the real instrument can do. So depends on what you need it for if it fits

I’ve actually wanted to find the shakuhachi from Roland D-50, aka the Father Figure sound. Only way to get it seems to be the new roland boutique hardware synth, or roland cloud.

Do you need a remote recording? A friend of mine plays professionally wonderful World Flutes, Ney, Shakuhachi, Bawu, Hulusi, Tin Whistle, Low Whistle, Flute, Irish Wood Flute, and more...

Premier Sound Factory have a Shakuhachi library, but for some reason it's no longer up on their website.

Yes, looks like they’ve redone their website and removed all but drumtree and a stienway I hadn’t seen before. Perhaps they are finally giving their instruments proper interfaces and will repost them as they finish. Glad I picked through them before they vanished without warning. ;)

Priemer’s is beautiful, but I would check out sound Impact Soundworks, many articulations and control. Or look into the updated desert winds or east west Ra or Silk.

Last edited:
Shakuhachi: Impact Soundworks Ventus

Ney: Bestservice Eduardo Tarilonte Ancient Era / Desert Winds (Desert Winds now is Part of Ancient Era. You also can upgrade later. The winds are the same as far as I know - Desert Winds is great and also was used in big movie productions like Ridley Scott´s Exodus - Gods and Kings. Desert Winds includes 2 great Neys, a Duduk and a Zourna)

If you ever are looking for a great Armenian Duduk - Ilya Efimov is the best choice here:

P.s.: Bestservice has got an easter sale. If you purchase something minimum 99 € you can find a 20 € voucher on their website (you can use it for as many purchases as you want so you can use it multiple). They also sell ISW Ventus Shakuhachi there (99 €) and also the Tarilonte Desert Winds (119 €). So if you need such stuff now is the best time. And again: The Tarilonte Ney included in Desert Winds AND ALSO in Ancient ERA is the very best out there - unchallenged ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom