What's new

Samplemodeling Solo & Ensemble Strings Released

Thank you Bollen !
OK, after much research it appears it is not possible. Quick Controls can only be used as Host Automation. However, not all is lost! Since your controller is transmitting MIDI CC, you can simply turn Quick Controls OFF when using SM and then use the Multiscript trick above to assign everything to your taste. It's still quicker than using other systems.
Alternatively you could contact the developers of SM and ask them to enable Host Automation, but considering how old their script is I wouldn't count on it...

Hey guys how good are the Harmonics in SM strings? I've been looking for a string library that has Legato and portamento for harmonics but and I'm guessing this has that

Reactions: Fa
Hello! Here is my MidiPaw setting.
Yes really musical with a little training , here is also an improv with MidiPaw with the solo violin , interpretation in real time .
So here's an 18-month bounce, @philippe goi -- You are a true genius with playing SampleModeling with midipaw - I still can't get it to sound as wonderful as your playing in that demo :) :) :) Well done!!

Hey guys how good are the Harmonics in SM strings? I've been looking for a string library that has Legato and portamento for harmonics but and I'm guessing this has that
Yes, actually it has the same play-control functions for all sustain articulations, then legato and portamento work on harmonics as well.

Yes, actually it has the same play-control functions for all sustain articulations, then legato and portamento work on harmonics as well.
Ok, can you send me an audio example of how it sounds? I can't seem to find any on YouTube

Hi everyone,

I am working in Reaper, and am looking for a way to make SM strings articulations work only via MIDI CC messages. I am drawing a blank, but is there perhaps an easy way to do this? Should I be using a Reaticulate instance for this, or can SM strings be internally configured within Kontakt to accept MIDI CC instead of keyswitches? Thanks!

Hi everyone,

I am working in Reaper, and am looking for a way to make SM strings articulations work only via MIDI CC messages. I am drawing a blank, but is there perhaps an easy way to do this? Should I be using a Reaticulate instance for this, or can SM strings be internally configured within Kontakt to accept MIDI CC instead of keyswitches? Thanks!
Technically you could use a Multiscript converter to do this, I think it's called CCs to Notes.

Why is there a version 2.0.3 of the solo strings available for purchase and not for owners of the ensemble, chamber and solo strings? https://www.samplemodeling.com/products/solostrings

Any reason there was no email about this?
It looks as though they're adding NKS looking at the solo strings. Maybe they just haven't completed the whole set and are waiting to do that?

If you're waiting on the NKS, maybe send an email and ask for the updated files. SM has a slightly weird update system where you go through the shop, so I expect they don't want to put that up until it's all ready.

Received the newsletter about the solo strings being available separately, but nothing about what happens with v2.0.3 owners of the current Ensemble, Chamber and Solo Strings.

If you're waiting on the NKS, maybe send an email and ask for the updated files. SM has a slightly weird update system where you go through the shop, so I expect they don't want to put that up until it's all ready.
Yeah, I already mailed them but thought someone here might already know more about this.

Hi all. Currently using V 2.0.2 and having problems getting a soft attack on the solo cello. No problems with Violin or Viola. I've copied my settings across from the latter to the cello and still, even with attack time at 127, dynamic cc (in my case cc#2) right down low and using the lowest velocity it still seems to "bump" it's way in. Has anyone else found this?

Hi all. Currently using V 2.0.2 and having problems getting a soft attack on the solo cello. No problems with Violin or Viola. I've copied my settings across from the latter to the cello and still, even with attack time at 127, dynamic cc (in my case cc#2) right down low and using the lowest velocity it still seems to "bump" it's way in. Has anyone else found this?
Hi mozart999uk.

Would you mind contacting our customer assistance: [email protected] and providing them with a midi example and the resulting audio result? Thanks in advance.

Giorgio

Received the newsletter about the solo strings being available separately, but nothing about what happens with v2.0.3 owners of the current Ensemble, Chamber and Solo Strings.

Yeah, I already mailed them but thought someone here might already know more about this.
Hi Don Cajon,

the only difference between the Solo Strings v. 2.0.3 and the solo instruments included in the full package is that the former are NKS compliant. If one does not badly need this feature, there is no reason to worry. In a next update of the Solo, Chamber and Ensemble Strings, we will substitute the solo instruments with the NKS compliant ones.

Best,

Giorgio

Hi Don Cajon,

the only difference between the Solo Strings v. 2.0.3 and the solo instruments included in the full package is that the former are NKS compliant. If one does not badly need this feature, there is no reason to worry. In a next update of the Solo, Chamber and Ensemble Strings, we will substitute the solo instruments with the NKS compliant ones.

Best,

Giorgio
So only the solo strings will get NKS? The chamber & ensemble strings will stay non-NKS with the next update?

Top Bottom