What's new

Ripping off Spitfire Audio?

No! lol Not really. Just learning from the best.
In this video, I show my process of combining volume modulation of different audio sample layers with the sample start position and ADSR to create a simple but effective "synth" engine in Kontakt. Use your own tapes or sounds to shape a unique sonic landscape.
Peace & Love.

Love your videos on Kontakt. Prior to your channel There was little content out there on working creatively with Kontakt

“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
H.P. Lovecraft
The Call of Spitfire

“With how many things are we on the brink of becoming acquainted, if cowardice or carelessness did not restrain our inquiries.”
Mary Shelley

Chromophonic; or, The Modern Prometheus.

“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
H.P. Lovecraft
The Call of Spitfire

“With how many things are we on the brink of becoming acquainted, if cowardice or carelessness did not restrain our inquiries.”
Mary Shelley

Chromophonic; or, The Modern Prometheus.
Brilliant! You've broaden my horizons.
Thank you.

No! lol Not really. Just learning from the best.
In this video, I show my process of combining volume modulation of different audio sample layers with the sample start position and ADSR to create a simple but effective "synth" engine in Kontakt. Use your own tapes or sounds to shape a unique sonic landscape.
Peace & Love.

What a great video! I've subscribed to your channel. Two questions:
1) Where can we download the template you created?
2) Can you explain how to change the title from "CHROMO TAPE" to something else?

What a great video! I've subscribed to your channel. Two questions:
1) Where can we download the template you created?
2) Can you explain how to change the title from "CHROMO TAPE" to something else?
I'm glad you liked it. Thank you for your support! I really appreciate it.
As to your questions:
1) I will make it available after adding a few more features. I'll post the download link in this thread and/or in the "All VI Freebie contributions Here!" thread.

2) To do that, I would need to explain graphics design software and KSP scripting, something I am not that good at. So I guess if you use the template, you are stuck with the Chromo branding for eternity :grin:

LOL but.. but..not all is lost. You are lucky.
Since you subscribed to the channel, you will now get notified when I release my short video series on simple scripting to achieve your own look.

Kontakt references a separate image file. So you'd need to change the script (assuming that's how Chromotape did it). In the KSP script, for example, you'd need to do this:

Code:
on init
    make_perfview
    {set height to whatever}
    set_ui_height_px (somenumber, let's say 170)
    set_control_par_str ($INST_WALLPAPER_ID,$CONTROL_PAR_PICTURE,"BigSexyKontaktBackground")
    set_control_par_str ($INST_ICON_ID,$CONTROL_PAR_PICTURE,"BigSexyIcon")

This script would point Kontakt to a wallpaper image you've created called "BigSexyKontaktBackground". If your image is in the Resources folder, bing bang boom, good to go!

Kontakt references a separate image file. So you'd need to change the script (assuming that's how Chromotape did it). In the KSP script, for example, you'd need to do this:

Code:
on init
    make_perfview
    {set height to whatever}
    set_control_par_str ($INST_WALLPAPER_ID,$CONTROL_PAR_PICTURE,"BigSexyKontaktBackground")

This script would point Kontakt to a wallpaper image you've created called "BigSexyKontaktBackground". If your image is in the Resources folder, bing bang boom, good to go!
Great, thank you on behalf of us all!

When I get around to this, I'm going to call my plugin 'company' 'Oh, Beehave!'

There's no reason people should have to wait to find the depths I'll sink to.

Code:
on init
    make_perfview
    {set height to whatever}

It could probably work, but the results.....lol
the sliders and knob will look awkward since they won't change with the above code.
So you will be left with a "BigSexyKontaktBackground" featuring Chromo sliders and, importantly, the Chromo KNOB. lol
Better build everything from scratch :)

PS 'Oh, Beehave!' is a swell name for a company.

Top Bottom