What's new

Question about Convolution reverb

Claud9

Hello,
I have an instrument I have scripted, in the instrument, I have 3 active convolution reverbs, when I change snapshot (each snapshot load a different set of Impulse Responses) very often I have a sort of audio feedback coming from the convolution reverbs. This sound starts high and then fades out. It happens more often when I change the snapshot while there is still some audio audible of the previous snapshot. It seems like some of the audio of the previous snapshot goes into the convolution reverbs of the new one I have selected... The problem is that sometimes this sort of audio feedback is very high with Kontakt meters full red clipped.

Is there a way to avoid this, maybe with a script that mute everything when I change snapshot?

Thanks a lot in advance for any help.

Last edited:
Try doing fade_out($ALL_EVENTS, 1000, 1) at the beginning of persistence_changed callback. Not much else you can do.

Thanks for the help, I tried that but it looks that the problem is almost the same, unfortunately...

Not much else you can do then, maybe you can try setting master instrument volume to -inf dB at beginning of PCCB then return it back to where it was at the end of it.

Not much else you can do then, maybe you can try setting master instrument volume to -inf dB at beginning of PCCB then return it back to where it was at the end of it.
Thanks that worked better, I have also added wait (900000) before restoring the volume.
I have probably found a bug in 6.2.2, along with the already reported bug of the convolution "bypass button" not reported correctly (graphically) if you try to load a different IR from your scripted IR menu when the edit mode is active and open the IR is not loaded, I have to exit edit mode and then when I reselect it with the menu is loaded correctly...

That's just a UI refresh issue. The IR actually is loaded, it's just not displayed immediately. If you close then reopen the Convolution effect edit panel it will refresh the UI.

Top Bottom