What's new

PSP Audioware : PSP Saturator

PSA:

If you already own a MixPack bundle (v1 or 2), hit the checkout button on your cart and you'll see a personalised coupon allowing you to grab it for $18.82 + GST!

Bit of a no-brainer at that price, surely?

Last edited:
I don't own any PSP plugins, is there anyway I can get PSP Saturator at less than $69. ?

I will demo it soon, but for those who already tried it, what are your thoughts about it ? worth getting if I have a few other Saturation options ?

Thanks.

I have a ton of options:
- IK Multimedia all tape emulations and Saturator X
- Softube One Knob Saturator
- Meldaproduction MCompleteBundle options
- Waves Abbey Road Saturator, all tape emulations, CLA Mixhub, NLS
- Unfiltered Audio LOFI AF
- Denise Audio Bite Harder + God Mode + Bad Tape

Still I decided to get this one, because PSP as a developer is top tier. Their mixing plugins are great and have served me well. As an owner of some of their stuff it was $20 for me, which did help ;)

I have tested it for an hour and I am VERY impressed. This is a top contender, and way friendlier for my CPU than IKM Tape emulations are.

As an owner of some of their stuff it was $20 for me, which did help ;)
You must own a MixPack bundle, then. I own nearly a dozen PSP products, but not a MixPack bundle, and there’s no discount for me other than the intro discount that’s available to all.

Best,

Geoff

Last edited:

RC-20 Retro Color comes up repeatedly in lists seen. Pricey by comparison. Maybe BlkFri ?

I've been eyeing this too. It does go on sale sometimes. Recently it was $69, but it's been $59 in the past... I dunno. The number of saturation etc. products seems to grow by orders of magnitude about every other week, and at some point it's just time to stop paying attention, at least as a consumer.

I'm 99% stopped...

You must own a MixPack bundle, then. I own nearly a dozen PSP products, but not a MixPack bundle, and there’s no discount for me other than the intro discount that’s available to all.

Best,

Geoff

Same here I also emailed PSP and they confirmed that they weren’t giving discounts based on previous purchased products like they normally have in the past (I also have at least 1 dozen purchases from PSP)
For the new Saturator plug only users that bought the Mixpack bundle get the extra discount,so for me it’s a pass.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, MixPack Saturator is great. It can do things no EQ or other saturation plugin I have can, definitely thinking about getting this new version.

I really like this one too and bought it a few hours after test-driving the demo. I think the trick with saturation is to use the right plugins on the right tracks. They did a great job on this one.

Between Neold and Saturn 2 (and many more), I didn’t really feel PSP added anything special enough (be sure to use a gain matching plugin when comparing saturation and distortion plugins), though if I had the mixpack discount I’d have bought it. I like PSP. If I wasn’t loaded with similar plugins it’d also be an easy purchase.

I ended up getting VPRE31A and VPRE73HE for $28 total (and Focusrite is now giving away VPRE2C to customers).

Top Bottom