What's new

Pre-Order Now Abbey Road Orchestra First Violins

What's amazing to me about all the Spitfire complaints is that Spitfire is one of the top-notch companies, with top-notch people, creating top-notch sample libraries!

This isn't to say that some of the criticisms aren't valid, it just that Spitfire Audio is also GREAT!
Spitfire is one of the best in many ways. They form the majority of my template. However, some things frustrate that should probably be getting looked at instead of left. Eg No individual mic install options from the Spitfire App, and individual plugins per library release which seems to be resulting in some bigger issues becoming apparent with individual library updates (recent BBCSO piano release messing up all the default mic MIDI CCs in BBCSO!!).

Its has to be recorded that way, as with all the Selection patches.
It certainly doesn't have to be recorded that way. Just because the others were done as live recordings doesn't mean they couldn't just mix some violas and violins together in the future to make a Selection patch.

It certainly doesn't have to be recorded that way. Just because the others were done as live recordings doesn't mean they couldn't just mix some violas and violins together in the future to make a Selection patch.
If theoretically they release yet another selection, and use the same strategy to advertise it as being "the sound" of certain instruments playing together - it certainly has to be.

What you describe is a way to add ensemble patches to a regular library. Dedicated "ensemble libs" record things together since the first Symphobia.

As I understand… something like AROF it is in fact a Pro library. The idea behind surpass a simple sketching tool. Could be used as a starting point but also as a first choice with the specific characteristic on a session. There are sufficient dyn layers on important parts, plenty of mics and and mix. Most of it all… there are specialized ensambles, blocks and more that sounds very unique when a full section or even the full orchestra is playing at same time, in same space. Recorded in one of the most Legendary recording studios, with top notch gear, players and engineers. So we can’t neglect all of this, it is really an integral part of a project!
I agree. I have AROOF and all of the selections thus far. While it can't (yet?) do legato high strings, it can do a whole bunch of other stuff. You can make plenty of professional-grade music with it.

Was ARO percussion modules all £399 on release? I'm sure ARO metals was £399 wasn't it? Just seen that it appears to now be £449 or did it always cost more than the other two perc module releases?

Edit: Ignore this, seems to be some kind of error. It shows as 449 but when you add it to the basket it's still at the £399 price so looks like its just some kind of error or something.

They sound pretty damn good :)

I'll be interested to see what pricing looks like of course. It's also cool that'll be split up. For the kind of stuff I want to write these days I could probably probably just get violins and cellos and be happy.

Last edited:
Just a wild guess : The Complete AR1MO (Pro Edition) might require 4 TB of SSD space. That's four folds the size of their BBCSO Pro library. But who knows, it might even be more than that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom