What's new

Performance Samples discussion thread

He does ask, in the description, that we ignore the sizes though, in case you're being serious.
Those are the expected file sizes of content we need to create/write in this thread until he releases the solo strings.

So if I generously estimate an average of approx. 100 Unicode characters per post, then we only need to write a bit more than 18 mio. posts for him to release the cello!

Until we see this updated with a real number, such as whats shown on Fluid Shorts III:

We're not that close to release.

My best guess.

1714379082773.png

Lo! And rejoice, for the Pacific 1.1 update is still a thing!
Anyone happen to know what's new in Pacific Strings 1.1? Or where this discussed (e.g. where is this screenshot from?)

Bought it recently, and so far there's not really much I'd say needs fixing! The one thing that really bugs me with the GUI is no numerical values for the mic panning sliders - but I've been told this has already been addressed for the update, and the screenshot seems to confirm that :emoji_thumbsup:

The only small disappointment I have with the library itself is the legato/sustain cellos - not that they aren't fantastic sounding (as is every other section/articulation!), but they seem to top out at around an mf dynamic, whereas the other sections go up to f - or maybe the cellos are just about f, the others ff - but anyway, there's a clear volume difference, and, while this can easily be compensated for, even at full mod-wheel the cellos never have quite the bite the other sections do at top dynamic. This only applies to the legato/sus patch btw - the marcato/spic etc. do seem to have an equivalent amount of bite to the other sections. Not sure if this can be addressed in an update without recording more samples - but it's the only thing that just slightly lets the library down IMO.

Unlike many others I don't actually mind the unavoidable "extra-slurry" legato at high dynamics - for a start, this only seems to happen with the violins, and I find myself naturally moving the mod wheel down for transitions anyway - and it's nice to have the OTT transitions there if you want them! I suppose if anything, I'd quite like to be able to trigger portamento transitions (or even longer glissandi, like LASS has) at any dynamic - but again, this would be a case of more samples recorded.

Is there some new place to discuss JB stuff, or people just got lazzzy? The Vista II solo Cello is now slated to release in tandem with PSS, and zero comments around here!?
Where does it say that? Not doubting you, just wondering as I can’t find it on the website or Instagram. (Also would be slightly miffed if I hadn’t already expected Vista II to start crowding out Pacific from the release schedule.)

Lo! And rejoice, for the Pacific 1.1 update is still a thing!
Great change! This style of fader is pretty standard and gives me a much better visual representation of what I'm doing

Is there some new place to discuss JB stuff, or people just got lazzzy? The Vista II solo Cello is now slated to release in tandem with PSS, and zero comments around here!?

Releasing competing products at the same time, classic Jasperian business operations

Top Bottom