What's new

Paulstretch Reborn

el-bo

When life gives you lemons, swap 'em for mangos
Still great; Still free. Coming to a platform near you (Including iOS public BETA)

Brought into the present by iOS developer SONOSAURUS (ThumbJam, DrumJam etc), with full blessings of Nasca Octavian Paul and Xenakios :)

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDITED: ‘Cause apparently I still don’t know the difference between bought and brought 🧐

Last edited:
Oh my god I'm so happy thank you for posting!!!
giphy.gif

I've heard so many ravings about this program (the original one), but I haven't really tried using it so far. This new version seems highly polished and I imagine much more enjoyable to use than its predecessor (at least, I hope so). Anyway, I'm glad that the legend lives on. :)

I've heard so many ravings about this program (the original one), but I haven't really tried using it so far. This new version seems highly polished and I imagine much more enjoyable to use than its predecessor (at least, I hope so). Anyway, I'm glad that the legend lives on. :)
The original was definitely of it’s time. Perfectly functional, and with a still very highly-regarded stretch algo. But it was not blessed in the looks department. Not to take anything away from Sonosaurus, but it was the Xenakios’ version that did most of the gui/ux legwork to bridge the gap between the original and what we now have.

Sonosaurus has brought it back from the dead, extended its OS reach and made further refinements. More than that, his iOS record shows him to be very good at communicating with his user-base, receptive to feature-requests and good with updates.

Now we can welcome-in a whole new era of youtubers uploading beautiful 800% stretched ambient dreams. borne of formerly egregious pop ditties :2thumbs:

Last edited:
An update to 1.5.1 :
There is a new update available for Mac/Win/iOS, download from https://sonosaurus.com/paulxstretch
v1.5.1 mac/win, shows up as 1.5.0(107) for iOS
- fixed passthrough when capturing
- added declicking fades when bypassing input passthrough, playback, and recording
- layout tweaks for extra small windows
- waveform scrollbar improvements, visible edge drag handles, and allows dragging from anywhere
- minor visual tweaks
- plugin supports multi-bus inputs and outputs (mac/win)
- fixed AudioUnit validation problem (Mac)
- fixed VST3 installation issue on windows
(be sure to uninstall first, you may need to manually remove the C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\PaulXStretch.vst3 first)

Hello, I'm the developer of the updated PaulXStretch!

@el-bo is right, a lot of the credit for this version goes to Xenakios... I just got his blessing to take over maintenance and do some updates while I was at it. Note that I did change the plugin ID and vendor, but the plugin filename may be the same, so it will still conflict with the older version of his plugin at a filesystem level (unless you rename the old one).

Keep an eye out for updates as new bugs are squashed... I *think* the installer troubles are over as of today though. There is a known issue that it doesn't run on Windows 7 yet (although it was supposed to). Also, if there any simple feature ideas you have, feel free to post them!

And we will have a harder time finding those Yoga Stretching videos when searching the title, damn.
I've done a fair bit of yoga in my time, and even taught classes. I can say f'sure that nobody is stretching anywhere close to the mentioned 800%, so I doubt you'll have to worry about any crossover ;)

Hello, I'm the developer of the updated PaulXStretch!

@el-bo is right, a lot of the credit for this version goes to Xenakios... I just got his blessing to take over maintenance and do some updates while I was at it. Note that I did change the plugin ID and vendor, but the plugin filename may be the same, so it will still conflict with the older version of his plugin at a filesystem level (unless you rename the old one).

Keep an eye out for updates as new bugs are squashed... I *think* the installer troubles are over as of today though. There is a known issue that it doesn't run on Windows 7 yet (although it was supposed to). Also, if there any simple feature ideas you have, feel free to post them!
Great to see you here, man :2thumbs:

Top Bottom