What's new

OUT NOW | DOLCE: Romantic Chamber Strings | $349 Intro Pricing until June 3rd

The legato transitions just don't seem to work. It doesn't sound realistic.
It's only unrealistic when the notes are playing fast, but I assume that would be easily fixed if there is a legato offset control. (usually available in the pyramid GUI/engine)

Is there a vibrato control?
no as far as I can tell from the provided info so far, but as I can tell by hearing it's proportionate to the dynamics, which is a good partial control imo...

Not sure about the overall sound...

Both Dolce and Performance Sample's libraries have way, way too much high frequencies (at least from the demos) . It sounds very unnatural when you listen on anything except for headphones. It may sound okay in headphones (if you're not too picky), but it just doesn't translate to speakers/phones/laptops/soundbars/car. That's the thing that screams "samples" to me.

The closest to HGW sound is by far CSS from the comparisons I did for myself a while back. I initially thought those were a bit too dark, actually. But was surprised that when you play a line on top of his tracks they just fit right in, no EQ boosting needed.

Both Dolce and Performance Sample's libraries have way, way too much high frequencies (at least from the demos) . It sounds very unnatural when you listen on anything except for headphones. It may sound okay in headphones (if you're not too picky), but it just doesn't translate to speakers/phones/laptops/soundbars/car. That's the thing that screams "samples" to me.

The closest to HGW sound is by far CSS from the comparisons I did for myself a while back. I initially thought those were a bit too dark, actually. But was surprised that when you play a line on top of his tracks they just fit right in, no EQ boosting needed.
This has not been my experience at all. IMHO Pacific blends better than any other string library out there. The top end is bright but just enough to cut through, and the softer end is very warm and meshes quite well with whatever other textures you have going. I'm a working composer and have felt my workflow noticeably speed up since using Pacific.

It sounds good to me on my laptop speakers. Also, you shouldn't mention other developers' products on the official commercial threads.

OUT NOW - DOLCE: Romantic Chamber Strings AVAILABLE April 21st | audioimperia.com $499 | $349 intro pricing (until June 3rd)

22 Piece Chamber String Orchestra - 7 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 3 Made for Kontakt Player

Capturing the sweetness and softness of a Chamber Strings section has long been a dream of ours. Recorded in collaboration with our friend Jasper Blunk from Performance Samples, we have now made that dream a reality.

Dolce is our definitive romantic Chamber Strings library, with 7 1st Violins, 5 2nd Violins, 4 Violas, 3 Celli, and 3 Double Basses.

We selected our favorite players all of whom we've worked with on many other projects and recorded a large selection of articulations to really offer something that will be a well-rounded tool in your arsenal.

With meticulous attention to detail, we've created a truly wonderful tool that offers a rich and romantic sound, perfect for capturing the finer nuances of your compositions.

Dolce was recorded in the same room as Fluid Woods, Fluid Brass, and Performance Samples’ Pacific series, and captures the same warm, romantic signature that sits perfectly between the symphonic and grand sound that you get with Pacific, and the more pointed and lush Hollywood type of sound that you get within our our orchestral range.

With 4 mics and 2 mixes, as well as all 5 individual sections of the ensemble available plus a complete set of ensemble patches, Dolce provides ultimate dexterity and ease to your writing process.

What the WALKTHROUGH here:

AAAAAAND WE'RE LIVE!!!!

$499 | $349 intro pricing until June 3rd
Head on over to our YouTube channel to check out the Walkthrough video

Top Bottom