What's new

Orchestral Tools : Berlin Symphonic Strings

Hey guys.
Seems like that 1st violins Surround mics have legato transitions from other mics. Legato sounds weird with Sur mics when they are solo.
Is it only me or anybody else noticed that?

The lastest update bring Vibrato, V Molto only for V1 strings ?
For some reason, the original Expressive Vibrato on V1s was tamer than all the other string sections, so OT added in Molto Vibrato for V1s, which matches the Expressive Vibrato of the other sections. I guess they decided to leave in the old Expressive Vibrato as an option for those who wanted an in-between option.

For some reason, the original Expressive Vibrato on V1s was tamer than all the other string sections, so OT added in Molto Vibrato for V1s, which matches the Expressive Vibrato of the other sections. I guess they decided to leave in the old Expressive Vibrato as an option for those who wanted an in-between option.
Thanks for all your insights really. Can I ask you how you encounter shorts arts on Berlin series? I have to rethink and translate all arrangement of BBCSO to other strings, because the bad timing edition, for example.

Thanks for all your insights really. Can I ask you how you encounter shorts arts on Berlin series? I have to rethink and translate all arrangement of BBCSO to other strings, because the bad timing edition, for example.
The shorts to me are one of the strongest parts of the Berlin series (in general, not just strings). They're plentiful, lively sounding and from a timing perspective are consistent enough to not cause me heartburn, but just varied enough to not sound robotic when quantized.

Hey guys.
Seems like that 1st violins Surround mics have legato transitions from other mics. Legato sounds weird with Sur mics when they are solo.
Is it only me or anybody else noticed that?
Here is short sample.
Does anybody get this strange behavior of legato transitions in Sur mics?

Attachments

• BSS.mp3
    308.9 KB
Top Bottom