What's new

[OLD] Forum Posting Guidelines

I've just placed everyone in this thread and all those who have liked posts in this thread to "ignore".... I kid!! I kid!!! I've only placed myself on "ignore".

Solid policy. Hopefully this censors baseless accusations but leaves negative opinions intact. Hope no one interprets this as discouraging criticism. Nothing wrong with being negative, the problem is being negative for reasons that have nothing to do with the library/topic at hand.
I get the impression that it goes one step further in that it also limits valid negative comments if the same points are voiced over and over again and beaten into the ground to the point that the poster is wearing out his/her welcome.

Best,

Geoff

Applause for a heroic effort, Mike!

Regarding the 1% this is my take: Everybody must have the right to be what he or she is, which includes they can be as stupid as they want if they wish so. However this is only valid within equal rights for everbody.

So if the 1% starts to dominate the conversation they breach the equal right for everybody and have to be paced. In my view this is within the responsibility of the forum owner (plus team if this applies).

Last edited:
I feel like time-outs (temp bans) are much better than permabans unless someone is REALLY acting in bad faith / trolling.

Just give people time to cool off... and realize it's just software...
For more normal stuff, I agree that timeouts are better. Even with the recent cases, we always have the ability to lift bans if/when cooler heads prevail later on. If someone makes the effort to contact me, I'll listen, and in a few cases, I'd be happy to hear from them. All I'm looking for is an end to the negativity.

A lot of these guys are pretty hopeless, though. In Phillips case, for instance, he wrote me an amusing email thanking me for banning him because he didn't like the forum anyway, plus Realivox Ladies sucks and sounds totally fake, plus everybody secretly hates me but I don't realize it because everyone's afraid to say it. (I'm not sure what this says about me, but I really did enjoy that email. :grin: )

I think you have taken the right decision. I don't know you personally, but the way you solve problems give me the impression of a very equilibrated person. I want to thank you publicly for assuming this forum and having time to deal with it. I know it is now part of your "business" but a Forum so open like this has a very important social value also. Thanks again!

plus everybody secretly hates me but I don't realize it because everyone's afraid to say it

Darn it. We all tried to keep it a secret, but now that the cat's out of the bag, I might as well come clean. In fact, it's time we all come clean and reveal to Mike who we really are.

Mike, my name is not Tom. It's actually Schmudley Schmundersnott. I am the president of the Secret Society of Mike Green Haters on VI-Control. [Our logo and secret sub-forum is visible to everyone on VI-Control except forum administrators.] Active since 2017 and over 2,500 members strong, our main purpose is to engage in pleasant dialog with you so that you never suspect that we actually think you're the demon spawn of Satan.

Our secondary purpose is to purchase your libraries, enjoy them, use them on our projects, and compliment you on your hard work... all as a cover for secretly thinking the libraries suck and sound totally fake.

Our third goal is to secretly hate VI-C. Even though we love it and use it every day to freely exchange ideas and information with our fellow musicians and composers, and even though we wouldn't give it up for anything in the world, we actually secretly don't like this forum and would prefer to get banned.

Thanks a lot, Phillip, for blowing our cover.

At this time, I am asking all 2,500+ society members to please turn in your membership cards. (Those of you who are charter members may keep your laser-engraved pen sets.)

Sincerely,

Schmudley Schmundersnott
President - Secret Society of Mike Green Haters on VI-Control
Webmaster - https://www.mikegreenistheantichrist.com (www.mikegreenistheantichrist.com)

:laugh:

Last edited:
Impatiently waiting for the VSTBuzz’s membership card promo.
In the mean time, wich Mike’s library is the funniest to hate?

Last edited:
Darn it. We all tried to keep it a secret, but now that the cat's out of the bag, I might as well come clean. In fact, it's time we all come clean and reveal to Mike who we really are.

Mike, my name is not Tom. It's actually Schmudley Schmundersnott. I am the president of the Secret Society of Mike Green Haters on VI-Control. [Our logo and secret sub-forum is visible to everyone on VI-Control except forum administrators.] Active since 2017 and over 2,500 members strong, our main purpose is to engage in pleasant dialog with you so that you never suspect that we actually think you're the demon spawn of Satan.

Our secondary purpose is to purchase your libraries, enjoy them, use them on our projects, and compliment you on your hard work... all as a cover for secretly thinking the libraries suck and sound totally fake.

Our third goal is to secretly hate VI-C. Even though we love it and use it every day to freely exchange ideas and information with our fellow musicians and composers, and even though we wouldn't give it up for anything in the world, we actually secretly don't like this forum and would prefer to get banned.

At this time, I am asking all 2,500+ society members to please turn in your membership cards. (Those of you who are charter members may keep your laser-engraved pen sets.)

Sincerely,

Schmudley Schmundersnott
Webmaster - https://www.mikegreenistheantichrist.com (www.mikegreenistheantichrist.com)

Hilarious. Or...is it actually true? And if so, why was I never invited? I feel left out...:crying:

Sincerely,

Schmudley Schmundersnott

It doesn't matter. Use an accordion, go to jail, that's the law.

Top Bottom