What's new

[NEW] Synchron Duality Strings: Virtuoso

On the product page, it lists these section sizes for virtuoso:
1714691174803.png

Whereas on the content page it only lists first violins:
1714691204936.png

So I'd assume no basses and the content page is still missing the info for violins 2, violas and celli.
@Ben a friendly boop to the content editors.
Content is the same for all sections - except Double Bass, which is completely missing due to most performances being impossible to perform on these.

Hi @Ben amazing the expansion and super welcomed the 3 arts upgrade, congrats!

I have to ask these… the expansion have many shared real core main articulations from regular library, the regular main one that cost surpass $590 us price tag…

If so… why this doesn’t have further discount for Regular users?

In fact, for me one of the initial features that guides me to buy Regular months ago was those special techniques! Because this substancial amount of unique recorded gb and well executed material, so the price tag becomes accordingly to what it offers. I cannot see why any outside costumer have the same price as the Regular owners really

Glissandos and Runs is already available, but now offers new edited variant as loop version for runs right?
The source material appears to be the same, how this shared material overcame into the articulation system into one structure now having Regular? Will show as duplicate sources or will blend as one?
I agree, obviously no discount for Duality strings user, so many articulations are similar or quite similar. To me it's just an addon, so I have to ask myself if it's worth at least.

I agree, obviously no discount for Duality strings user, so many articulations are similar or quite similar. To me it's just an addon, so I have to ask myself if it's worth at least.
There's no overlap. These aren't just reprogrammed versions of the same samples.

The closest thing to "overlap" there is are the glissandi, those are "very slow" and "very fast" glissandi that are otherwise similar to the ones from the main library. They are new recordings though, not just time stretched versions of the original recordings.

The original library has diatonic runs, this has chromatic runs. I suppose that's a bit similar.

All of the other techniques in this library do not exist in any shape or form in the main library.

A lot of these are very useful, in some regards I suppose this is more of a "string effects" library. A lot of these techniques allow you to do things that are otherwise hard to pull off with samples.

The new Staccato sounds great and was needed. Amazing how these Strings are evolving!

And yess the double basses are present in very special art in Regular! The only one that I could remember isn’t there is tremolo at 180bpm, but the rest was perfectly played like the rest of the sections

it's really how much detail you need or want. For me, this is fantastic, really vital stuff. I can get closer to Ravel and Debussy sounding scores with these samples. Before, no...note lengths weren't correct and some ( ricochet)techniques where missing. Worth every penny. And yet more proof that VSL is the closet thing to real players at the moment.

Best

ed

The new staccato in Regular really does sound great, but I might adjust the gain of the new staccato articulation downwards a bit. It sounds a bit loud compared to the old staccato and spiccato at the same velocity.

How many layers does this new staccato have anyway? Is it the same 3 layers as the rest?

The new staccato in Regular really does sound great, but I might adjust the gain of the new staccato articulation downwards a bit. It sounds a bit loud compared to the old staccato and spiccato at the same velocity.

How many layers does this new staccato have anyway? Is it the same 3 layers as the rest?
From what im heard, it might be 3 dyn as the rest. I try to incorpore it to the regular one on top with velocity control layered at top, but tonally differentiate enough to keep it as standalone art, and it works better in this escenario for sure

Content is the same for all sections - except Double Bass, which is completely missing due to most performances being impossible to perform on these.
I had a feeling that was the case! I had some installation problems at first, but reinstalled Vienna Assistant, then the helper, and all was cool after that. But I did double check afterwards to see if somehow you had managed to perform these articulations on Double Bass after all, in which case I would swallow humble pie and sign up for more lessons. ;)

Bought the library: waiting for bank transfer to go through though before I can start the download.

I’ll say it as there appears to be some who are misunderstanding. This new library is all new samples.

Some may have been confused by the simultaneous release of an update/expansion to Duality Strings Regular of hard staccato and non Vibrato sustains.

Hi @Ben i have a technical question, now since the release of Virtuoso Expansion the Crescendo/ Dim. are now labeled as Short Med Long. What is the actual recorded lengths in seconds of each?

I’m hoping that the actual original lengths of these coincides also with total original lengths of Synchron Winds and Brass? Where in the Solo instruments all of these are presented as follow 2/3/4 sec. most of ensambles as 2/4 with the exception 1.5/3/4 seconds in all Woods ensembles and 2/3.5 seconds only in Trumpets a4/a6 ens. And lastly there is Syn Percussion crescendos rolls also.

I know there is the god send stretch feature to mold as preference. But it would’ve helpful to know if all new dynamics for Duality Strings now match with the rest of the orchestra, of course.

Something I notice in the intro video that there was a briefly mention as Tutti Crescendos* these are actual individually recorded per section right? Or there is also a full Tutti recorded dynamics? Double basses doesn’t have any in this case?

And last but not least, it would’ve cool if VSL update the entire serie with Sforzato/Crescendos custom patches ready assembled, perfectly edited by the experienced team, matching on par with the lastest incorporation of these custom patches that are only available ready to go on Syn Woodwinds!

Thanks

I own both SSP & ES full versions, and I would be interested by this new virtuoso library
It would be nice if someone can do an experiment that I've not been able to complete: remixing the two series (SSP vs. SDS) to see how they match. My first impression was that it was possible to pan the individual sections to make them overlap. The sound was still different, but with these special techniques it shouldn't matter much.

Paolo

I bump this @Ben as I own both SSP & ES full versions, and I would be interested by this new virtuoso library. Thank you Ben for your input.
Sorry, I don't know. But I can imagine that this could work in context of a mockup with sleight adaptations.
Right now I can't try this out myself, sorry.

Top Bottom