What's new

New Synapse "The Legend" Synth

Did you buy or are you planning to buy "The Legend HZ"?

• Total voters
They stil force people to create an account. You might not be aware of this because of course you're logged in to be able to write and publish.

This is from your second link:

1714959792028.png

SoundCloud is doing the same lately.

They stil force people to create an account. You might not be aware of this because of course you're logged in to be able to write and publish.

This is from your second link:

1714959792028.png

SoundCloud is doing the same lately.
That is pretty much status quo for social media platforms I think. Of course, I didn't have this issue when I wrote for paper mags like Mix, Electronic Musician, Recording, etc.

Yes, unfortunately.

Unless you want to set up your own blog, Substack is probably one the best platform for writing these days. It shows some annoying popups to subscribe but it doesn't force anyone to sign up (for now).

Before I embarked on Wavekit I started working on a content platform. Like a Medium alternative but but for anything from text, code, podcasts, images, portfolios, recipes, etc. The project proved to be too ambitious so I ended focusing on just the audio aspect of it. Maybe one day I will get back to it.

Yes, unfortunately.

Unless you want to set up your own blog, Substack is probably one the best platform for writing these days. It shows some annoying popups to subscribe but it doesn't force anyone to sign up (for now).

Before I embarked on Wavekit I started working on a content platform. Like a Medium alternative but but for anything from text, code, podcasts, images, portfolios, recipes, etc. The project proved to be too ambitious so I ended focusing on just the audio aspect of it. Maybe one day I will get back to it.
The biggest drawback to Substack, as I understand it, is that you need to have a mailing list or a following to reach people. That is why Medium is more attractive if you just want to write and not have to manage Wordpress or mailing lists. I am also a Medium subscriber and find a lot of valuable articles on there.

People don't need to subscribe to read your content. Your newsletters are published in the web too.

See the latest post by Ted Gioia:

People don't need to subscribe to read your content. Your newsletters are published in the web too.

See the latest post by Ted Gioia:

Medium also has a subscription option. However, you still have to login.

I tried Ted's link and it asked me to subscribe to read.

It asks but you can skip it unlike with Medium.

Ideally people who want to write and provide the best reading experience should create their own website. It takes a bit of effort to set up a static site but hosting is free these days.

It asks but you can skip it unlike with Medium.

Ideally people who want to write and provide the best reading experience should create their own website. It takes a bit of effort to set up a static site but hosting is free these days.
Nah, it is a lot more work than you would think.

I had my own WordPress site for years and it costs hundreds of dollars a year for hosting, URL registration, etc. You have to jump through all kind of hoops to get Google to even find and list it.

It got hacked and I took it down. It was more trouble than it was worth. I may do Substack in the future if I think it is worth it. Right now, I just prefer to write.

Top Bottom