What's new

[NEW] Big Bang Orchestra Returns - BBO: Altair

Ben

VSL

Big Bang Orchestra is back with a new installment: "Big Bang Orchestra: Altair".
This time you will get separate section performances of strings, woodwinds, brass, and tutti.

As usual, we've recorded the orchestra with multiple mics, so it's very easy to create your own mix and sound.
It also blends perfectly with the other BBO and Synchron libraries: In the first pass, each note was played by the entire orchestra. Immediately afterwards, each section played this note with the same phrasing and style. It’s as though the entire orchestra played the notes together, but in fact they didn’t – you have separate recordings of strings, woodwinds, and brass ensembles available that you can combine and orchestrate any way you like.

Note: Please make sure to update the eLicenser Control Center to the latest version: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/...ontrol-Center-License-Management#current_elcc

Get it now for just € 65 (regular: € 95) here:

And don't forget the 2+1 February Special

Last edited:
What are the differences between BBO Altair vs. Smart Orchestra...?
Hm, they don't have really much in common. BBO: Altair is a tutti orchestra where you can access each section. Smart Orchestra is the perfect sketching and live-performance tool, optimized for use with a keyboard. Also there are no legatos available in BBO: Altair.

Hm, they don't have really much in common. BBO: Altair is a tutti orchestra where you can access each section. Smart Orchestra is the perfect sketching and live-performance tool, optimized for use with a keyboard. Also there are no legatos available in BBO: Altair.
Can't I achieve the same thing using the faders in Smart Orchestra (Orchestra Instrument), to mix my sections as I want?

I suppose Altair is not a free addition to BBO Bundle owners would it? Especially as I have the entire collection? Thank you

I suppose Altair is not a free addition to BBO Bundle owners would it? Especially as I have the entire collection? Thank you
Seems like it's the same price regardless? (EDIT: I might be wrong, see two posts below mine)

If you own the bundle and are logged in, the price you see on the Altair product page is the price the system has configured for you.

If you're missing any elements of the bundle, you can also add those to the basket and then refresh the Altair product page. It will show you the price as if you already owned the others. They've got a really nice system for this, I think!

Last edited:
Bought it, love it. The mic mix control over each section is great. The low brass really has that portent I'm looking for. My only wish it to be able to switch 8ves in strings off and on or have a unison option. I know with this price point it's not really feasible but I can wish can't I? :)

I hope we're going to get muted versions of BBO libraries, I just might get those as well.

By the way: Purchasing by completing the BBO bundle lowers the price to 49 Euro.

Another winner here Ben. As soon as I saw the walkthrough video I bought it. The low brass and strings sound especially tasty. The short arts in the strings sound really great too.

Reactions: Ben
I haven't bought any of the BBO stuff because I was under the impression it would all be included in a flagship Synchron library at some point.

Is my thinking faulty in this?

Cheers

Top Bottom