What's new

Native Access 2 takes FOREVER to launch on Mac

Same here on iMac 27" and MacOS 12.6. Takes several minutes to load.

Edit: Updated to Release: 2.6.2 and now it loads in maybe 15 seconds!

I went back to NA1 for this reason.
Same here. NA2 works find on my Laptop, but not on my Mac Mini for some reason... Both are Intel chips, I've tried every fix I know, but ultimately decided to go back to NA1 on the Mini which works just fine. Only bummer is the lack of access to the new Creator Tools and GUI Designer, etc.

Same here. NA2 works find on my Laptop, but not on my Mac Mini for some reason... Both are Intel chips, I've tried every fix I know, but ultimately decided to go back to NA1 on the Mini which works just fine. Only bummer is the lack of access to the new Creator Tools and GUI Designer, etc.
Same here on Win 10 Pro. I'm not going back, however, because I've updated to Komplete 14 and I'm wary that having done so may cause an issue if I attempt to go back. This isn't based on any objective knowledge, just a vaguely gnawing dread (like one gets as one watches _The Night House_ like I did last night.)

1664858975437.png

I tried NA2 but went back to NA1 because of this.

But since then, NA1 requires me to re-login to my NI account every time I open it. Tried completely removing NA1 and reinstalling (including all of the NI-related stuff I could find in Library/Application Support and Library/Preferences), but still the same. This never happened before the upgrade and subsequent downgrade.

And still no 2FA for your account is absolutely ridiculous in 2022. For some tiny 1-person operation it is (begrudgingly) acceptable, but insane for a company of this size. We all have lots of money attached to our NI accounts.

45 seconds here. I'm more concerned with world peace.

HOWEVER, I have a complaint that isn't specific to this one, but to several installers:

TELL ME WHERE TF YOU'RE GOING TO PUT THE F-ING SAMPLE CONTENT, YOU [insert George Carlin's entire amended list]!

There needs to be a clear indication of what's going to happen. If you're going to put a temporary file somewhere and I'll have a chance to specify where the big files are going later, explain that to me FFS!

That's the most important thing to know, and the option is either nonexistent or hidden in the fine print.

And if you allow sample content to be put in the Applications folder (on Macs)... that's just wrong on so many levels, as these kids today used to say about 30 years ago.

I just made the move to NA2 (From NA1) on Windows 10 yesterday - the install was flawless and it even picked up all my specific directories and so on.

The only blemish so far was waiting approx 30 seconds after an "initial" startup just moments ago that displayed "Loading products" fro a while BUT only the first time I load the app.

I then closed NA2 and tried again a second time and it loaded in approx 5 secs.

Can't really complain about anything at this point - given the raft of other horror stories than many other users seem to be having.

Cheers

Sonic.

Also, it really is loading a lot of products. Komplete 14 has a huge amount of sample content.
True - however - this app does need to be optimized to "remember" what it's already scanned and look quickly for deltas - rather than run the entire product listing everytime it starts.

There is zero need to scan a product that is already known to be correctly installed and authorized.

Same deal for (truly useless) Komplete Kontrol standalone app - why does this thing need to scan everything VST every single time it starts? This takes a good 3-4-5 minutes everytime.

Sonic.

True - however - this app does need to be optimized
The other things I mentioned (both to do with where it puts your samples) dwarf that on my list of things I care about in Native Access.

Having to wait :45 for the program to think when I add a new NI product once a year will be hard to survive, but I'll learn to live with it. :)

Same deal for (truly useless) Komplete Kontrol standalone app - why does this thing need to scan everything VST every single time it starts? This takes a good 3-4-5 minutes everytime.

Sonic.

That sounds like something is wrong.

That sounds like something is wrong.
Happy to be proven wrong here - but this is completely repeatable everytime I fire it up here. And judging by the volume of other users who have complained for years about this - I do not think I am out of line.

Now - lets be sure we are talking the same thing - if I add the Komplete Kontrol "VST plugin" to an instrument track in a Studio One session - that initializes in about 2 seconds and is ready to go. But the "standalone" app - that is a totally different story...

Sonic.

Now - lets be sure we are talking the same thing - if I add the Komplete Kontrol "VST plugin" to an instrument track in a Studio One session - that initializes in about 2 seconds and is ready to go. But the "standalone" app - that is a totally different story...

Got it. I personally don't use any of those programs, so all bets are off.

Top Bottom