What's new

Nashville Scoring Strings

I don’t see the need for keyswitches tbh. In every daw there’s the oppertunity to do something like that, and with individual patches you can tweak the volume of every patch more easily. NSS is a great library, great tone, great legatos, and I love that the first note has a fixed delay (same as the legato) so you can have a fixed track offset and quantize everything. Small downsides for me are the lack of staccato’s, no 2nd violins and the release tails are too short. I layer it with CSS and CSSS and love the sound together.
Yeah, I don't miss keyswitches too, I just make Kontakt multi and then stack in Logic from it - faster to work for me that way!)

Anyone on Fl studio + BRSO articulate having issues with first note not playing or just sounding horrible and loud ? Using the stock midi out controller is working better all though first note still sounding loud and bumpy. Straight from Konakt its working just fine.

Just nabbed em for 99 smackers! What a steal, loving em so far.

Here's my test run. (I used the MIDI that Jay Bacal made for VSL)

Attachments

• NashvilleRedemption.mp3
    2.7 MB
Damn. You can get yourself a very nice orchestra for a few hundred dollars these days. It makes me happy the more affordable these things become, because it just means that more and more people can access music in various forms.

I listened to the demos and am a bit gobsmacked that you can get these for $99...

Damn. You can get yourself a very nice orchestra for a few hundred dollars these days. It makes me happy the more affordable these things become, because it just means that more and more people can access music in various forms.

I listened to the demos and am a bit gobsmacked that you can get these for $99...
Yes HOOPUS was $299 last year on cyber Monday. Complete orchestra plus some type of auto magical arp thingy.

Finally using NSS properly with my reverb. Is it just me or does NSS have one of the best string legatos out there? It's so responsive! I really think it might be the best string legato in my collection.

Finally using NSS properly with my reverb. Is it just me or does NSS have one of the best string legatos out there? It's so responsive! I really think it might be the best string legato in my collection.
Might not be the best but very playable and easy to do emotional lyrical lines - one of the best imo:)

Top Bottom