What's new

Multiple volume envelopes within one group

guranbanan

Hi all!
I'm trying to switch from one Flex envelope to another (both volume) using the sustain pedal. So the first one is activated when the sustain is off while the other one gets active when sustain is on. The problem is that whenever i press the sustain the notes already triggered follow the switching between envelopes leading to an undesired volume jump in the middle of a note. Is there a way to NOT trigger the envelope while it's bypassed?
I have both the $ENGINE_PAR_MOD_TARGET_INTENSITY and the $ENGINE_PAR_INTMOD_BYPASS (forgive me if i remembered the names incorrectly - i'm writing on the bus) in both the on note callback and on controller.

Thanks in advance for any input concerning this matter.

/Martin

If I see that correctly, you can declare a flag which status is set by the Sustain controller (for example: if the sustain is ON the Flag =1, if sustain is OFF the Flag=0).
Meaning that, you can toggle the Envelopes using "on_note" callback which follows the "flag" condition.
Regards

There is a bug in Kontakt (since ages) when multiple envelopes are modulating volume, I advise not to use multiple envelopes on volume until this is fixed.

The bug is as it goes: if you have two envelopes modulating volume for example, and one of them has shorter release time than the other, and that one that has shorter release time is bypassed, the main volume will actually use the shorter release time OF THE BYPASSED ENVELOPE (which makes zero sense).

Don't use multiple envelopes on volume for the time being. Please.

Thanks for the replies.
Oh I see, a bug! Well then I'll just use two different groups instead.
Again, thanks!

/Martin

Top Bottom