What's new

MTT USB Hub recommendations?

river angler

Can anyone recommend a USB hub that doesn't have its speed slowed down to USB1.1 if attaching USB 2.0/3.0 devices at the same time? In other words each port is independent running at the speed of whatever USB version is attached.

This seems to be a grey area but surely something that laptop users must be using!...?

I'm looking for something to connect an old USB1.1 G4 powermac keyboard (USB1.1) at the same time as a Sonuus i2M midi port (real time audio to midi convertor) which is USB 2.0 and possibly a USB3.0 external SSD: all via a reliable hub to my 2012 MacBook Pro.

Surely someone out there must be running something similar!...???

@river angler

I have a Belkin, which works as expected. But it's a couple of years old; chances are that the newer models are not MTT anymore.
You can always take an extra USB2 hub and put it in between. This way, you don't need an MTT hub, and the first hub in the chain doesn't reduce the speed (because it thinks your USB 1.1. keyboard is a high-speed device).

@river angler

I have a Belkin, which works as expected. But it's a couple of years old; chances are that the newer models are not MTT anymore.
You can always take an extra USB2 hub and put it in between. This way, you don't need an MTT hub, and the first hub in the chain doesn't reduce the speed (because it thinks your USB 1.1. keyboard is a high-speed device).
Ah! Thanks very much for chiming in with the tip!... I had written this starter thread off !

Top Bottom