What's new

Migrating Kontakt 4 to a new MAC but keeping K4 on old mac?

sluggo

Just added a new mac pro to my system which will be running VEpro. I need to get my full license of Kontakt 4 (v4.2.4) over to my new mac pro. This is not so easy as it keeps asking to complete a 'Full install'. I have the DVDs from K3.5 but what a pain to reinstall from the DVDs. I know I can get the K5 free player but I need a full licensed version to run some of my libraries. I haven't upgraded to a full version of K5 yet.

Any thoughts on how I can put K4 on my new macpro and keep the license on the other mac? Thanks in advance

I am getting ready to do the exact same thing, but I am calling NI in LA first.
I remember a nightmare I had from a crossgrade that went from K3 to K4, on a new DAW, and I do not want to go through that again.

I could be wrong but the Service Center can give your machines ID to NI, so IMO that means you need their help but I could be wrong.

I am getting ready to do the exact same thing, but I am calling NI in LA first.
I remember a nightmare I had from a crossgrade that went from K3 to K4, on a new DAW, and I do not want to go through that again.

I could be wrong but the Service Center can give your machines ID to NI, so IMO that means you need their help but I could be wrong.

No you don't need to contact NI, you can have up to two installs and I've had no problems getting them set up with Service Center on two machines. Actually all my registering has been done via another computer because I don't normally have my studio comps (1 on XP the other Win7) hooked up to the internet and that was a wee bit of a pain but still worked pretty well.

On my last install of K5 on my Win7 I briefly hooked it up to the internet and it went without a hitch, was just automatic and much easier. :)

Ok, well for starters I am only authorized for a full version of K4.24, not 5.
If I drag the application over to my new mac, service center doesn't see it or allow authorization. I don't want or need the Kontakt library. I just need it to play my 3rd party sample libraries that won't play on the free player.

I don't want to go back and install Kontakt 3.5 from the DVDs which I have. There's got to be an easier way.

?

Top Bottom