What's new

Login Status sometimes not correct

Drundfunk

I have a weird problem for like two weeks now. When I log into my account on the main page (the one where you can see all the forum categories) I'm usually not shown as logged in (The "Login" button is shown at the top right, instead of my username). Meaning I can't see (and therefore access) forum sections like "Commercial Announcements 2" or "Deals 2". What I can do however (for those forums) is click on "Virtual Instruments & Sample Libraries" and then access those forums from there, because then I'm actually shown as logged in (but even that sometimes doesn't work). However I had the problem recently where I wanted to contribute to a thread, but couldn't, since when I opened that thread my status was wrong again (the thread was in a different category). I'm using Firefox since forever and so far never had any problems. Cookies and everything else is getting erased everytime I close the browser, so stuff like that shouldn't be the issue. I checked if my VPN is the problem, but it doesn't change anything (sometimes my VPN gets blocked by the site, which I hate as well, but usually I just change server). In the end I can access the forum with some weird workarounds, but sometimes it's actually an actual hinderance. For example when I wanted to contribute to a thread, but couldn't since my login status on that thread wasn't correct.

Well, not sure if you can do anything about that, since there seem to be no threads about this issue so far and I'm probably the only one affected.

Thanks!

I have a weird problem for like two weeks now. When I log into my account on the main page (the one where you can see all the forum categories) I'm usually not shown as logged in (The "Login" button is shown at the top right, instead of my username). Meaning I can't see (and therefore access) forum sections like "Commercial Announcements 2" or "Deals 2". What I can do however (for those forums) is click on "Virtual Instruments & Sample Libraries" and then access those forums from there, because then I'm actually shown as logged in (but even that sometimes doesn't work). However I had the problem recently where I wanted to contribute to a thread, but couldn't, since when I opened that thread my status was wrong again (the thread was in a different category). I'm using Firefox since forever and so far never had any problems. Cookies and everything else is getting erased everytime I close the browser, so stuff like that shouldn't be the issue. I checked if my VPN is the problem, but it doesn't change anything (sometimes my VPN gets blocked by the site, which I hate as well, but usually I just change server). In the end I can access the forum with some weird workarounds, but sometimes it's actually an actual hinderance. For example when I wanted to contribute to a thread, but couldn't since my login status on that thread wasn't correct.

Well, not sure if you can do anything about that, since there seem to be no threads about this issue so far and I'm probably the only one affected.

Thanks!
Hi, I'm sorry to see you having issues with this. I don't recall many members experiencing this, however I would think that it depends on the browser you are using and the settings, if it's mobile or desktop, etc.

Did this happen recently or has it been something that you've seen for that's an interesting question too let me look at a few things and get back to you on this okay?

André
--------------------------
VIC Tech support

I've had this issue as well for the last couple of weeks. I log in, but then it still says I'm not logged in. After navigating around a bit it usually starts showing that I'm logged in. It hasn't been a big deal for me, but is the first time in the past 6 years or so that I've noticed this happening. I've mostly noticed on my laptop using Microsoft Edge.

Could you guys tell me if this is set on or off? Could be something, could be nothing. But just in case.

Go to your account settings and click on Privacy.

Then see if "Show your online status" is checked or not?

The boxes for privacy status aren't ticked in my case, but I can't seem to change it. Everytime I click on "save" it says "the changes have been saved", but when I reload the page it's still unticked. I also logged out, closed the browser and logged in again and it's still unchecked.

The boxes for privacy status aren't ticked in my case, but I can't seem to change it. Everytime I click on "save" it says "the changes have been saved", but when I reload the page it's still unticked. I also logged out, closed the browser and logged in again and it's still unchecked.
OK try it now?

But I'm not sure why this would be an issue only two weeks ago. But it's worth a try.

Thanks @creativeforge ! I checked and my "show my online status" boxes were checked. I just unchecked them and pushed save to see if that makes a difference. I might not notice until later, but will keep you informed. Thanks again!

UPDATE: we've updated the cache to a new version, so please let me know if you see an improvement?

Thanks for all your vigilant help! :)

André
-------------------
VIC Tech support
-------------------

UPDATE: we've updated the cache to a new version, so please let me know if you see an improvement?

Thanks for all your vigilant help! :)

André
-------------------
VIC Tech support
-------------------
It seems like this fixed it. First time today I'm actually logged in on the starting page. Will monitor it in the next few days, but for now my feeling about this is good. Thanks for your help and work on this.

It seems like this fixed it. First time today I'm actually logged in on the starting page. Will monitor it in the next few days, but for now my feeling about this is good. Thanks for your help and work on this.
Great! Thanks for reporting!

André
-------------------
VIC Tech support
-------------------

Top Bottom