What's new

Live transcriptions

bryla

Orchestrator
EDIT: Updated the title to just let it be a collection of performances of my arrangements.

Sort of a mock-up: One of my jobs is to transcribe soundtracks for live performances:

Last edited:
Fantastic transcription @bryla and wonderful performance. Though I do have one question, why the manakins in the choir 😂 ?

Screenshot 2022-11-23 at 17.38.22.png

Hello,
@bryla congratulations for your incredible work, these are amazing transcriptions/arrangements!

Great to see Ludwig Wicki conducting as usual (saw him conducting LOTR 4 times) :)

If I may, I have 3 questions about your work:
- What is your workflow? Starting from an existing sheet or transcribing from scratch on a piano/DAW/Notation (Dorico/Sibelius/Finale + NotePerformer) ?
- Why doesn't your name appear on the Youtube information on the videos? That would be so great, because of the value of your work, obviously, but also because questions like @b_elliott one above...
- Do your transcriptions available somewhere to buy, or to read on Issuu, like Georges Fenton's Planet Earth in Concert).

Thank you and congratulations again!

Regards,
Gil.

Hello,
@bryla congratulations for your incredible work, these are amazing transcriptions/arrangements!

Great to see Ludwig Wicki conducting as usual (saw him conducting LOTR 4 times) :)

If I may, I have 3 questions about your work:
- What is your workflow? Starting from an existing sheet or transcribing from scratch on a piano/DAW/Notation (Dorico/Sibelius/Finale + NotePerformer) ?
- Why doesn't your name appear on the Youtube information on the videos? That would be so great, because of the value of your work, obviously, but also because questions like @b_elliott one above...
- Do your transcriptions available somewhere to buy, or to read on Issuu, like Georges Fenton's Planet Earth in Concert).

Thank you and congratulations again!

Regards,
Gil.
- The producers send me a Spotify-link for the specific soundtrack they want to have performed and then I transcribe them from that. I use all the tricks of the trade to slow it down, loop it around and what-not to try to hear as many voices and instruments as possible. I just notate in Sibelius, yes. No magic there. It's all about how it looks on paper for the producer to evaluate it and the conductor to prepare.
- Sometimes they forget to put all the correct credits in. Thank you for bringing it to my attention so I could write them about it.
- Unfortunately the production company (The Danish Broadcasting Corporation in this case) hires me to deliver them a product so I can't share any of those.

Thanks for the comments and great questions!

Best,
Thomas

Not a transcription but thought it might be of interest:

Last year Don Davis asked me to arrange his music from The Matrix Reloaded for a performance with Juno Reactor.

The music was performed on Tenerife and features Ben Watkins (JR) El Amir (guitar) and Greg Ellis (drums).

(it's only available on facebook atm)

Top Bottom