What's new

Launching BEAM - Interactive Effects Playground

Lunacy

(formerly: Lunacy Audio)

Introducing BEAM

Hey VI-Controllers!

After years of tinkering, months of teasing, and countless hours honing it to perfection, today we unveil the newest star in Lunacy’s growing plugin ecosystem, BEAM.

BEAM ushers in the next generation of interactive granular sound design, textural convolution, and flexible parallel processing.

And to celebrate its release, BEAM is 40% off until April 24th.

$59 (normally $99)

Discover BEAM

What is BEAM?

BEAM is an interactive multi-effects plugin featuring a cutting-edge granular engine, convolution reverb, and filters with an innovative dynamic audio graph system. Sparkle your keys, spice up your vocals, reshape your drums, and launch your synths into outer space.

Build complex effect layouts using an interactive visual audio graph. BEAM allows endless combinations of parallel and serial sequences with up to 6 parallel paths.

We can't wait to hear your thoughts!

– The Lunacy Team

Looks very cool! I wonder what the CPU usage is like?
Good q! We put a ton of work into making BEAM as performant as possible.

One important thing to note: The graphics run entirely on your GPU, so they won't affect audio performance or your CPU at all. If you have a smaller graphics card, we also included a "Low Graphics Quality" mode in the settings.

Convolution and granular processing both tend to be CPU-intensive, so we spent a long time figuring out how to make these algorithms ultra-fast :)

Last edited:
can Beam have more than one convolution engine running at the same time? I see the filters and grain engine can have multiples

can Beam have more than one convolution engine running at the same time? I see the filters and grain engine can have multiples
Yes! You can use up to 3 Grains nodes, 3 Space nodes (convolution), and 4 Filter nodes at once.

Wow, I particularly love what it was doing to the drums in the Jef demonstration. Hot contender for my music budget in April!
If you want to stretch you're budget a little further, it's RTO over 12 months at PB, though the exchange rate is a little screwy, as it comes to $69ish, rather than $59. Probably won't stop me though, this does look and sound great!
@Lunacy Audio any hints as to what nodes are forth coming?

Top Bottom