What's new

Kontakt 7 in action

Kontakt Player 7 appeared in my Native Access..I'm tempted to try it, but before I do..can anyone tell me if it will affect (screw up) my K6 installation in any way? Thanks.

Hi! By chance I figured out how to download Kontakt 7 Player before the release in October.
See the walkthrough below!

Like YaniDee just posted, just run Native access. K7 Player will appear ready for download and installation in the "Not Installed" tab. As per EvilDragon's assurances, it hasn't broken anything in my K5 and K6 (both full/retail) installations. I'm not really familiar with the Player version---haven't had the need to use it since . . . I don't know! Therefore, I can't really comment on what it doesn't do. I can say that the K7 Player did run my original Epica, Phaedra and VI.One libraries, which I believe were all originally K2 libraries. Backward compatibility is a primary concern for me.

Paj
8^)

I must say that I really like the new Browser. Especially the pre-listening function and the possiblitily to add non player libraries.
Does anyone know if it is possible to add custom images to the Non-Player Libraries to replace the boring folder icon?

Hey is anyone else finding issues with the RR in the OT orchestral short arts in the K7 new library? I tried to use velocity and mod to avoid the spikes and it sounds like 1 layer in particular is suspect but it makes them hard to use. Not that I really need to since I have a plethora of OT full libraries but still…

Kontakt Player 7 appeared in my Native Access..I'm tempted to try it, but before I do..can anyone tell me if it will affect (screw up) my K6 installation in any way? Thanks.
No it won't. I installed it and it's running side by side with K6 on Mac

I understand that there's a new factory library, and that is fine... but will the old vsl-patches disappear when upgrading or do I have to keep two versions of kontakt? I have a lot of projects using especially the old orchestral percussion and the harp.

I understand that there's a new factory library, and that is fine... but will the old vsl-patches disappear when upgrading or do I have to keep two versions of kontakt? I have a lot of projects using especially the old orchestral percussion and the harp.
No, the old Factory Library wont disappear. Just keep both libraries installed.

I´m having a blank screen here, with the standalone and VSt3 in Cubase - Windows 10 - Video Card and OpenGL 3.3 with updated drivers. Could anyone help me please? kontakt.png
Have you tried turning open GL off,

I started to get high CPU usage with certain plugins, i raised a ticket and was advised to turn Open GL off inside the plugin, the CPU usage drop drastically

I'm a little confused , When can we expect to be able to upgrade to kontakt 7 full as a standalone outside of the whole komplete collection? I don't want nor need to buy komplete standard (native instruments site states that it is there from standard and above) but I can't seem to find any info about the release of kontakt 7 full ( not player).

Last edited:
I'm a little confused , When can we expect to be able to upgrade to kontakt 7 full as a standalone outside of the whole komplete collection? I don't want nor need to buy komplete standard (native instruments site states that it is there from standard and above) but I can't seem to find any info about the release of kontakt 7 full ( not player).

I've just watched the "K7 in action" video by Guy Michelmore as well as a few others about K14S in general. Frankly, after the initial excitement, I'm more and more underwhelmed by the changes although I will probably update in the future. I'm still on K12 + Noire at the moment.

The new categories browser is nice and seems quite useful, however, I still have and regularly use a lot more open Kontakt libraries than Kontakt Player ones. From what I've seen, the new browser has the options for displaying and organizing OF libraries, but they seem a bit messy and cluttered to me. I'm hoping that QuickLaunch won't go away anytime soon. Also, the generic folder icons amongst all those shining thumbnails look rather ugly.

Speaking of KFL2, the new orchestral category does sound much better than the legacy one. However, I've also noticed that seems to be a large quantity of older content. For example, I could swear that the choir category is identical, just with a new GUI and a few additional controls. I even spotted a few synth and acoustic sounds that have the same preset names as they had in the original KFL. It looks like they've done something similar in Guitar Rig 6 - most of the content is sonically the same but with a new facelift. BTW, as gorgeous and modern as these new wallpapers in KFL2 look, at the same time, they feel a bit infantile for an industry-standard product (IMO).

All in all, I almost certainly won't update before the next SoS sale. There are some nice new features in K7 and K14, but I was expecting a bit more. Of course, I'm sure that there are a lot of "under the hood" improvements in K7 that will show over time.

Kontakt 7 hijacks your keyboard in logic with certain libraries, so you need to click out of it to be able to use keyboard shortcuts again. I'm absolutely done with this software for the time being, it wasn't ready for public release IMO.

One of the best things about Kontakt 6 was the VST just being called "Kontakt" - so much better for backward compatibility - with k7 now being a new version, the necessity for having multiple versions installed seems to be ingrained again!

Re Quickload..I never use it because it took forever to scan when I would open Kontakt. I think there's a thread where many other users remarked on this..any improvements ? (I doubt it..)

Have you tried turning open GL off,

I started to get high CPU usage with certain plugins, i raised a ticket and was advised to turn Open GL off inside the plugin, the CPU usage drop drastically
Hi, thanks for your reply. I'm far from the studio until monday, to check that. Is there an option inside Kontakt to turn Open GL off?

Re Quickload..I never use it because it took forever to scan when I would open Kontakt. I think there's a thread where many other users remarked on this..any improvements ? (I doubt it..)
Quickload never had loading time at all afaik (for me), it's literally just a list of folders... maybe slow disk or something?

Top Bottom