What's new

Kontakt 7...i upgraded today.

Didnt even know there was a Kontakt 7 now. Checked the vid and it's mostly about new instruments. Here still on Kontakt 5 (bcs Kontakt 6 felt too rigid, and this does not look better).

pass

So strange, it doesn't show up for me (even with an instrument loaded). Maybe there's something in the settings that's hiding it or I got a bad update lol. I'm on Win 10. I'll play around with it some more. Very frustrating how inconsistent the interface in K7 is, though.

I think you need to be in 'Rack View' before clicking on the 'File' dropdown menu. Try pressing F10 to open 'Rack View' then click on File.
It should then appear.

EDIT:
Sorry, I forgot to mention.
The above steps for 'Batch re-save' only seems to work for Stand-Alone (Well, for me anyway).

Last edited:
So strange, it doesn't show up for me (even with an instrument loaded). Maybe there's something in the settings that's hiding it or I got a bad update lol. I'm on Win 10. I'll play around with it some more. Very frustrating how inconsistent the interface in K7 is, though.

1708795825801.png
Some of these options only show up in standalone mode or in plugin mode, so check both. (I think you only get the option to set the view in plugin mode, but can only do batch resave in standalone.)

Yeah it was Rack View! I thought I had switched that off and on when I checked yesterday but I guess I didn't. They did remove Batch Resave from plugin mode in v7.7 unfortunately. Thanks y'all!

Once you get the window how you would like it to open all the time go to "view" and at the bottom click "set current view as default"

Screenshot 2024-02-24 at 9.59.27 PM.png

I have been able to change it to open looking like that but not sure exactly where in the settings I did that. I'm thinking file > save as default multi is how I did it

Note you can evidently only save default view when you open K7 as a plug-in. The option does not appear when you open in standalone. Which makes no sense to me.
Thank you!

I dont understand how I have Kontakt 7, I realised I have it when I installed a library (that require Kontakt 7). What a mystery. Hope its a miracle.

Last edited:
@ Jeremy Spencer I use Logic and Pro Tools and you can set it in both of these programs as a plugin shown in the screenshots and it opens every time that way for me.
It appears that Standalone doesn't afford the same option under the view window - not sure why?

Pro Tools

Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 6.03.10 PM.png

Logic

Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 6.05.08 PM.png

Standalone - doesn't give the view option that the plugin does, but mine opens the same as I have it set for the plugin loading - can't remember now how I got it that way though - or if I did anything special to get it to do that

Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 6.07.11 PM.png

Did anyone else have Kontakt 7 in Native Access, or what is the story here?
Maybe they list the Kontakt 7 Player as Kontakt 7, and maybe they auto add the player to anyones native access account because it's free anyway? Afaik (could be wrong though) Kontakt full and player use the same files, and just differentiate themselves based on the license check.

Maybe they list the Kontakt 7 Player as Kontakt 7, and maybe they auto add the player to anyones native access account because it's free anyway? Afaik (could be wrong though) Kontakt full and player use the same files, and just differentiate themselves based on the license check.
nope. full version.

I suspect Ive got it with some library that went K7 only, so they were forced to add it. or maybe they just like me. who knows, but maybe best to stay quiet about this. dont say this to anyone.

nope. full version.

I suspect Ive got it with some library that went K7 only, so they were forced to add it. or maybe they just like me. who knows, but maybe best to stay quiet about this. dont say this to anyone.

Do you have the "kontakt factory library 2"? If you don't, you don't have full kontakt 7. If you do, maybe you forgot that you impulse-bought the upgrade in a (glitch) sale or got it with komplete?

Do you have the "kontakt factory library 2"? If you don't, you don't have full kontakt 7. If you do, maybe you forgot that you impulse-bought the upgrade in a (glitch) sale or got it with komplete?
maybe I shouldn't go into further details. (I had a huge house on Costa Del Sol, in my name, bcs someone did a mistake when adding some number, so I guess someone can do mistakes for Kontakt 7 too. Thanks NI, not contacting a lawyer for this one)

Screenshot 2024-03-13 at 12.33.49 PM.png

Last edited:
A lot of what went on in the 7 upgrade was required to help make their flagship keyboards work properly….So basically what helped N.I. With their keyboards, screwed the rest of us…..I even had to upgrade my computers OS to run 7, and also to be able to use programs that were already working in 6…Thankfully NI doesn’t make programs that WOW me anymore so I won’t have to upgrade any higher….Hopefully the companies that make programs to work with Kontakt are smart enough to port their work in a lower Kontakt OS if they want to sell more product…

For me, K7 (full version) takes about 3 seconds to open in Nuendo 13 on Windows 11.

Stand-Alone, about the same time:

For me, Kontakt 6 (AKA Kontakt), takes 1 second
Since getting K7 I have noticed how much slower it is compared to K6
From loading, to duplicating to loading in instruments
Personally, I am completely regretting purchasing it at all

A complete waste of £89 for me

I like the Library view functionality and the search functions too
But the speed and demand of the new application is not worth the trade-off for my older system
I don't have the spare cash of 2K+ to throw down on Apple Silicon either
And the machine I would get to replace all my systems would be a 5-6K Mac Studio + 192GB RAM

Top Bottom