What's new

Junkie XL Brass?

I'm a big fan of Cinematic Studio Brass and also have Hollywood Brass and Spitfire Symphonic Brass.

What will JXL Brass give me that I don't already have?

I'm a big fan of Cinematic Studio Brass and also have Hollywood Brass and Spitfire Symphonic Brass.

What will JXL Brass give me that I don't already have?
A great big low brass section in a fantastic hall. One things CSB lacks is power in the low brass because of the room, plus the sections are much smaller.

That's one of your accidental sketches? I give up! LOL!
you already won, I don't actually make music - just a thousand little sketches that never amount to anything.

but the entire process had to do with someone from ViC discord mentioning getting stuck in diatonic land. I gave her a few things that helped me break out of that line of thinking, one of which involves making a poly chord of 5-6 notes and using that as my tonality(and whatever scale it ends up creating). That said, the entire process involved a spinning wheel that pics a random note, and my entire thought process is kinda... recorded.

If my profile picture being shosti wasn't an indicator - I do enjoy the quirky.

I bought the soloists from JXLB & ensembles from VSL BBO. Great combo!
Yeah I have to say the weird way VSL(and other companies) have been trying to sell strange combos isn't my cup of tea - but it's been a great lineup that VSL's released recently(just don't like the structuring of it)

Debating about the number of players, I want to buy trombones and french horns but undecided about the number of players, I have CSB and HW brass and bought the JXL bass trombones and cimbassi.

I want epic and bold but I fear that the 12 players could be not agile enough, whst do you think? I heard the middle sized sections and they did sound bold.

Hey guys,

what is your final verdict on the Junkie XL Brass? Is it worth it?

I do like the low brass, but the trumpets seem very odd. I listened to the demos which were made before the update.

I have CSB and I kind of miss the "Epic" factor.

Hey guys,

I do like the low brass, but the trumpets seem very odd. I listened to the demos which were made before the update.

Trumpets are bad. The rest is very good for the most part.

As you mentioned, some of the best low brass out there.

SiNE was incredibly unstable at the start but with updates it has got better. It still isnt perfect but it's getting there.

I'm quietly hoping that they redo the trumpets in some form.

Hey guys,

I deleted all my other brass for JXL and I don’t regret it at all, I love this library so much and I haven’t even looked at other brass since.

Polyamory was never my thing, to be fair...
now if we could just convince @OrchestralTools to create some kind of cloud/sharing capability for microphone mixes :)

honestly, if it just imports the microphone settings and then bakes it locally - it would simply be a matter of downloading a small file containing only variables. Then we could come up with mixes that match certain recordings/ect or just in general.

Also, would be AWESOME if they created a offshoot program called wave or something - that allows you to load VST on top of sine instruments - and then allows you to further bake those effects onto the samples.

Obviously adding VST hosting within SINE would not be ideal - but this would allow us to do so much more, from EQ, to baking in our own reverbs, saturations, ect. This would ofcourse be standalone and would have to be done outside of the DAW.

Guys, what mics do you prefer to use? AMXL ones or unprocessed mics? When I bought the library at the pre-order stage I had downloaded only AMXL mics back then so I’m curious now whether raw mics would be a better choice? I just don’t want to download all mics and occupy so much space on my drive.

Top Bottom