What's new

[JRPG] Ys I: Ancient Ys Vanished - Feena's theme mokup

I didn't know about the game or the theme, but it's indeed really nice. Enjoyed your mockup!
Also the gif helps with the retro vibes. You barely see this on message boards online these days. :)

I played my (the?) first Ys game on an MSX 2 computer way back. Great franchise. But Lychee, I love your approach here with the Roland Sound Canvas. It has “that” sound.

I played my (the?) first Ys game on an MSX 2 computer way back. Great franchise. But Lychee, I love your approach here with the Roland Sound Canvas. It has “that” sound.
Hahaha, it's not the SC-88 I expressed myself badly (corrected), I took as an example a version made on SC-88 to make my mokup.
As usual I used my range of modeled tools (Friktion...), so all my efforts to make this theme sound "realistic" ultimately sounds like a rompler from the 80s/90s?
Ok, I get it... *lychee committed suicide* :laugh:

Hahaha, it's not the SC-88 I expressed myself badly (corrected), I took as an example a version made on SC-88 to make my mokup.
As usual I used my range of modeled tools (Friktion...), so all my efforts to make this theme sound "realistic" ultimately sounds like a rompler from the 80s/90s?
Ok, I get it... *lychee committed suicide* :laugh:
Haha, cool! I actually thought “holy sh*t, that Sound Canvas sounds better than I remembered.“ Oops, sorry! But yeah, still sounds great. And just to reiterate, I am a big fan of both your approach and your musical results.

Last edited:
Such a lovely version! It's right up there with all the arranged stuff that Falcom often produces. I always love seeing Ys music worm its way into this forum and I really enjoyed yours!

Top Bottom