What's new

JADE Ethnic Orchestra - Final week of the 40% off Sale!

Finally gave in and bought Jade Orchestra. I had the really bad idea to use the Downloader. It's in beta version and unreliable. After around 30 GB of download, it has reset and restarted everything! I will download manually instead...

I don't have fiber so others might get better speeds, but mine downloaded on the third try. That try took almost 10 hours, because each new attempt starts over completely instead of keeping the parts which already completed. But hey, it's beta, it's good to test it and see how it works.

I don't have fiber so others might get better speeds, but mine downloaded on the third try. That try took almost 10 hours, because each new attempt starts over completely instead of keeping the parts which already completed. But hey, it's beta, it's good to test it and see how it works.
And it’s showing only 4 of the 12 products I own from them. I’ll avoid it until further notice.

Damn... It takes some time to set all those instruments in the template !!!!

But If I don't do that, I will never remember all I have and what all those instruments with a name I won't pronounce sound like :-D

Damn, missed the sale by a day, looks like it's gonna be Talinn for now and Jade once it goes on sale again. :whistling:

I caved and got this last night. No regrets. It sounds great and will be used in many pieces I have on ice.

I got Jade with the 40% off sale and finally got around to installing it. I'm only about 2 minutes in and it looks like on the Pipa and the Yangqin KS patches (The first two instruments I tried!) there's absolutely no velocity sensing on the tremolo KS? So anytime you switch to tremolo, it's always full on top velocity no matter how soft you play. So that means if I'm going to switch to the tremolo KS I have to make sure that I'm playing the sustain KS at top velocity so that's it's not jarring when the tremolo comes in.

How did the beta testers miss this when I found it my first 2 minutes with the library?

EDIT: Just tried the Guqin SusTrem patch. Same thing. I guess Strezov cut and paste his KS scripts or something so they'll all have the issue with the tremolo?

If I paid full price I'd be really annoyed but at 40% off I'm gonna cut my losses and put this one aside until they fix this and make the library playable. I'm too busy to beta test a library like this for free.

Last edited:
How did the beta testers miss this when I found it my first 2 minutes with the library?
We didn't miss anything. It's not velocity based for the tremolos. It's controlled by using the modwheel (cc1, modulation) as JohnG said just above. I'm pretty sure it's explained in the manual of the library

Top Bottom