What's new

IZotope Ozone 10 release sale, now save up to 90% off Ozone, Bundles, and Upgrades

jrrshop

Purveyors of musical dreams fulfilled
iZotope Ozone 10 release sale, now save up to 90% off Ozone 10 Standard, Ozone 10 Advanced, Everything Bundle, Music Production Suite 5, Mix & Master Bundle Advanced, and Upgrades/Crossgrades, including Everything Bundle Crossgrade from RX PPS 6 for $199:

Probably not the ideal place for this question, but is the "Master Assistant" the new iteration of Tonal Balance Control?

Probably not the ideal place for this question, but is the "Master Assistant" the new iteration of Tonal Balance Control?
No. Its an ai feature that provides starting points for eq, imaging, etc. Tonal balance control is a module of ozone 10 advanced or as a standalone plugin

@Bear Market
EDIT:
Just testing ozone 10 standard and it has a feature called "Tone Match" which on the surface looks to do the same as Tonal Balance Control. But it actually changes all the module settings for you to match the Genre/or reference you select as a starting point and then you can edit the parameters yourself after. Quite interesting. So technically not the same but it adds to the function of tbc.

Read more about it (Broken Link Removed)

Last edited:
I just bought, installed and authorized Ozone 10 Advanced using the Product Portal, and it didn't create an Icon on my desktop... How do I launch the application?

I just bought, installed and authorized Ozone 10 Advanced using the Product Portal, and it didn't create an Icon on my desktop... How do I launch the application?
There is no app any more, you only get the individual modules to use in your DAW.

ADDED.
There is no stand alone app anymore, but you can load the Ozone container in your host and load modules in that.

Last edited:
There is no app any more, you only get the individual modules to use in your DAW.
This feels like quite a stepback.

So if I want to edit a simple audio file, I have to create a full project in Cubase? :emoji_frowning:

How cumbersome.

Edit : I will take the time to watch the videos and read the manual before making anymore comments that can be misleading for everyone. :emoji_kissing_smiling_eyes:

Last edited:
Wait, there are two things going on here. I'm not sure if the standalone app has been discontinued. I was reacting to this comment:

This comment implied that we had to use the individual modules and that there was no unified UI to string them all together, which would have been quite a large change!

I still have Ozone 9 Advanced on my desktop, so I can keep on using it. I will have a look in Cubase 12 to see the difference.

Yes, I said I didn't know about the standalone app. I've never used it, so I won't miss it. But, I would have really missed the unified plug-in interface and that was what your statement above implied was also missing when you said we only get the "individual modules." I don't consider the full ozone plug-in the same as the individual pieces, like the dynamic EQ, the maximizer, the stereo imager, etc. But, this may be an issue of terminology. I'm just glad it's still there!

I use the app nearly every time I load Ozone. I like the simplicity of being able to experiment with all the modules without making cubase projects. To me, this is a bit of a let-down.

So something that wasn't immediately clear to me is that if you already own the Music Production Suite 5, they give you a copy of Ozone Advanced 10 and RX 10. I bought it on sale from NI since it was a really good deal, I'm sure others on this forum did too. Fire up their product portal, and it shows Ozone and RX as available to install in trial mode. If you log in to your user portal, it pops up the "Hey upgrade to Ozone 10" loyalty offer. So it initially looks like no, you don't have it, you have to pay for it separate from the pack.

BUT if you go to your purchase history, there they are. In my case Ozone showed up Tuesday and RX showed up today. You then have to feed those serial numbers into the product portal, and they get registered as normal.

Just a heads up to others to make sure you don't throw money at iZotope you don't need to.

So something that wasn't immediately clear to me is that if you already own the Music Production Suite 5, they give you a copy of Ozone Advanced 10 and RX 10. I bought it on sale from NI since it was a really good deal, I'm sure others on this forum did too. Fire up their product portal, and it shows Ozone and RX as available to install in trial mode. If you log in to your user portal, it pops up the "Hey upgrade to Ozone 10" loyalty offer. So it initially looks like no, you don't have it, you have to pay for it separate from the pack.

BUT if you go to your purchase history, there they are. In my case Ozone showed up Tuesday and RX showed up today. You then have to feed those serial numbers into the product portal, and they get registered as normal.

Just a heads up to others to make sure you don't throw money at iZotope you don't need to.
You fixed my problem quicker than Izotope's support and I didn't even reach out to you - remarkable :laugh:

Top Bottom