What's new

If I understand C++, Will I be able to understand KSP?

I'm studying KSP. But there is only one KSP book out there.

and that book also has very limited knowledge..

I want to study KSP more.

How can I understand KSP?

If I understand C++, Will I be able to understand KSP?

Hi Kevin and welcome to the forum.

Overall, the KSP is perhaps more like Pascal than C. However, if you understand and use C, you should have no problem learning to use the KSP, at least insofar as the language itself is concerned.

The main difficulty will be learning your way around Kontakt itself and then learning all the built-in interfacing functions and what they do. You could visualize this somewhat like a large, Kontakt-specific function library. Understanding all these interfacing functions and understanding Kontakt go hand in hand.

But it's an easy-to-use interpretive language so the best way to find out how things work is to experiment. It's easy to try things and make changes to see what happens. This forum is also a good resource and is populated by many competent scripters who are usually more than willing to help others.

Rejoice,

Bob

Thanks Bob! I appreciate for your words

That helps me immensely

Now I'll experiment more about KSP

Overall, the KSP is perhaps more like Pascal than C.
I never thought about that before. I don't really know C, but I studied Pascal a zillion years ago in college and I did get the feeling that KSP had a very similar feel.

One thing I'll add to Bob's post is that, in case you don't know already, there's an excellent scrip editor for KSP here:
https://nilsliberg.se/ksp/

It will make your life infinitely easier, plus it's free . . . although most of us donate because we're so thankful to Nils for it.

KSP borrows a lot of syntax from Pascal. And it's prodecural rather than object oriented like C++.

I studied java in college and it helped immensely. I think rather than focusing on the specific programming language, it's important that you teach yourself to think objectively and learn to solve problems in the way computer programming makes you think, which by now I'm sure you have. If you have programming experience then it will be a small learning curve to get started. There's a wealth of information on the internet on using KSP - I never bought any books and never felt a short of knowledge with all that this forum and other internet posts have to offer. Happy learning (I know I still am)!!! :)

Top Bottom