What's new

I traded one G.A.S. for another.

dunamisstudio

I switched from sample libraries to eurorack. (or eurocrack :confused: )

I had the Mother 32 and Beatstep Pro for long time. Then started messing with VCV Rack.

Then after reading about Moog being bought, then closing their North Carolina location. I decided to expedite the purchases of the DFAM and Subharmonicon. Then got the Tip Top Audio rails, power supply then next thing I know I got a Disting, 1U rail, Intellijel network modules, and Doepfer network modules and more cables :roflmao:

Current state:

20240504_124457.jpg

Planned Expansion:

modulargrid_2545576.jpg

"I'm gonna try to keep it small" (famous last words) but I do have limited space so it will be easier. One reason why I had to rack the three Moog's. I do have space for one more Tip Top rail (Z-Rails, Z-Ears, 3U/84HP)

Next purchase will be ES-9 to fully connect this to VCV Rack. Then course I have VST effects and guitar effects. When I add last 3U rails I'll add a Intellijel Pedal module.

(The power brick that looks like it's dangling already been fixed since the picture taken)

I think anything to do with music leads to GAS: synths, guitars, eurorack. We should put a health warning before people start. Creating music can seriously damage your wallet! 😂
I feel like this about all of my hobbies. My photography gear has never found an ending point. Then, I recently started looking at a GT-R, but of course the base wheel horse power is not enough on a super car.... so I started looking at performance packages to upgrade the transmission, fuel injection, turbos... and I thought... "Why am I doing homework on a $175k purchase that I don't even have the money for? Good lord..." Had to shut that down.

I think anything to do with music leads to GAS: synths, guitars, eurorack. We should put a health warning before people start. Creating music can seriously damage your wallet! 😂
I can't remember how it was phrased but something along the line of "Let your children get interested in music and they'll never have money or time for drugs. :roflmao::shocked:"

Unfortunately Guitars has been running silent but deadly all this time. :rofl:

About five to six years ago, I've been picking up cheap guitars and rebuilding them. Also found Josh Scott/JHS Pedals and now i have two tubs of pedals. :confused:

I can't remember how it was phrased but something along the line of "Let your children get interested in music and they'll never have money or time for drugs. :roflmao::shocked:"

Unfortunately Guitars has been running silent but deadly all this time. :rofl:

About five to six years ago, I've been picking up cheap guitars and rebuilding them. Also found Josh Scott/JHS Pedals and now i have two tubs of pedals. :confused:
I have been watching Josh Scott as well, and I am amazed that I haven’t bought loads of pedals, but I have resisted.

I had the Mother 32 and Beatstep Pro for long time. Then started messing with VCV Rack.

Then after reading about Moog being bought, then closing their North Carolina location. I decided to expedite the purchases of the DFAM and Subharmonicon. Then got the Tip Top Audio rails, power supply then next thing I know I got a Disting, 1U rail, Intellijel network modules, and Doepfer network modules and more cables :roflmao:

Current state:

20240504_124457.jpg

Planned Expansion:

modulargrid_2545576.jpg

"I'm gonna try to keep it small" (famous last words) but I do have limited space so it will be easier. One reason why I had to rack the three Moog's. I do have space for one more Tip Top rail (Z-Rails, Z-Ears, 3U/84HP)

Next purchase will be ES-9 to fully connect this to VCV Rack. Then course I have VST effects and guitar effects. When I add last 3U rails I'll add a Intellijel Pedal module.

(The power brick that looks like it's dangling already been fixed since the picture taken)
Godspeed to your wallet

Not the current state I need a new photo.
Whatever you do don’t buy a Deckards Voice as it will only lead to extreme GAS for a Deckards Dream.

Attachments

• I traded one G.A.S. for another.
    IMG_4270.jpeg
    320 KB · Views: 15

Current state:

I traded one G.A.S. for another.

Congratulations on discovering a new passion, but as an admitted cable-a-phobe, that looks like a nightmare to me! :emoji_cold_sweat:

Top Bottom