What's new

Huge Template WITHOUT VEP?

May I ask how long the auto-save takes?!
Auto-save usually takes under 10 seconds for me. I have it set to every 30 minutes and just manually save whenever I make significant progress between. I use auto-save as an excuse to look away from the screen and stretch a bit. The large template workflow is worth it to me because I can search for instruments so fast, and importing tracks from a master template is more cumbersome and can take just as long for me.

I host most stuff on a one computer VEP 6 setup within Cubase 10.5, nothing disabled. It takes wild amounts of RAM but I have 128 GB in my i9 iMac, so.

One comment-auto save is your friend. Mine is set to every ten minutes. There’s very little lag for me because I only have a few things running in Cubase itself but I hate to lose critical moments of work. Even if there was a longer wait, I’d have auto save active every 10-15 minutes, and have since…well….forever.

Using a "genre-specific" templates here with the most used instruments only setup with routing and effects plugins. I was using that monstrous disabled template until the long time saving became a real pain. Small templates make a breeze saving. If I am missing sounds, I simply add and use them. So, yeah, the template topic can be either overcomplicated or very simple.

When you load a second project in Cubase a Lightning Icon appears in the top left. If you click this it activates the second project and deactivates the first. When a project is deactivated it has some limited fuctionality. When you close the second (or first) project the remain project becomes live. I have not noticed any real delay
Sorry I just came across your old post.
what is this lightning icon?

Top Bottom