What's new

Hollywood orchestra opus edition and hollywood orchestrator

This. Also the scripted one just sounds awful, so you'll know if its the fake one
Correct. So am I correct in understanding (I'm not in front of the software right now) that some of the patches which do not have legato in the name now have the true legato button available as well?

Works better than V1. This a cool way to directly route individual midi channels from the orchestrators to any instrument. You can use Kontakt if you like or any plugin.

Does anyone know if there is a way to do the same thing with logic ? I can’t find the orchestrator midi output anywhere. Should it be activated in some way ?

thanks

Correct. So am I correct in understanding (I'm not in front of the software right now) that some of the patches which do not have legato in the name now have the true legato button available as well?

Yeah I think you can add to pretty much everything. Trems with true legato is very useful

Yeah I think you can add to pretty much everything. Trems with true legato is very useful

"Scripted" legato. The term "True legato" implies that the samples were recorded with legato intervals, the trems are not.

"Scripted" legato. The term "True legato" implies that the samples were recorded with legato intervals, the trems are not.

Not sure why you keep saying this? It is “true legato” because they are real recorded legato intervals. They can grafted onto any long articulation. When you use the term “recorded with” it sounds like you are not familiar with the method which legatos are recorded. These are vib and non vib legatos that are grafted to trem sustains. The vast majority of trem legatos in libraries are done this way. The script is a separate legato, with a different name.

• Haha
Reactions: EgM
Not sure why you keep saying this? It is “true legato” because they are real recorded legato intervals. They can grafted onto any long articulation. When you use the term “recorded with” it sounds like you are not familiar with the method which legatos are recorded. These are vib and non vib legatos that are grafted to trem sustains. The vast majority of trem legatos in libraries are done this way. The script is a separate legato, with a different name.

I've been doing scripted legato since the early 90s, these are scripted legato.

If you don't believe me, raise the time knob next to it to the max and you will hear the fake portamento kicking in.

I've been doing scripted legato since the early 90s, these are scripted legato.

If you don't believe me, raise the time knob next to it to the max and you will hear the fake portamento kicking in.
I suggest you to book real musicians and pay them right ..... .

You know what? I hate the digitization! Book real musicians and don't argue about the way digitization is carried out! It doesn't sound real, that's true. But in 10 years no one will criticize this anymore, because everyone will have got used to this digital, inhuman crap! This is what our future looks like!

You know what? I hate the digitization! Book real musicians and don't argue about the way digitization is carried out! It doesn't sound real, that's true. But in 10 years no one will criticize this anymore, because everyone will have got used to this digital, inhuman crap! This is what our future looks like!
I think this forum is the wrong community for you if that’s how you feel. :rofl:

I’m actually a big fan of EWHO, no criticizing here. I was discussing the differences with true vs scripted legato: by scripted I mean using the sus-tremolo samples into a monophonic mode with a light and fast portamento to connect to the next note as opposed to using a real transition sample.

I’m actually a big fan of EWHO, no criticizing here. I was discussing the differences with true vs scripted legato: by scripted I mean using the sus-tremolo samples into a monophonic mode with a light and fast portamento to connect to the next note as opposed to using a real transition sample.
Yeah, please do not take my criticism personally!
Whenever we use samples, we try to fake a real orchestra. With some libs we can do it well, with others not so ...... . I just don't like it when people get upset that the fake works better here and there than anywhere else. This library is great, and if you can master it, you can fake reality with it! ...

With some libs we can do it well, with others not so ...... . I just don't like it when people get upset that the fake works better here and there than anywhere else.
Who even got upset? He was pointing out that it's scripted legato and what you can do to be able to tell.

Anyway yeah you'll be pretty busy on this forum if you feel the need to stink up literally any thread containing library criticism with this "real musicians" platitude. This is a forum for virtual instruments!

Top Bottom