What's new

Hollywood orchestra opus edition and hollywood orchestrator

I don't have much experience with woodwind libraries. I am aware that the old PLAY woodwinds had a lot of issues, and OPUS addressed some of them. However, I hear that the woodwinds (especially solo instruments) are still the "weakest link" in the library. It seems that volume changes have been addressed by this user-end fix: https://vi-control.net/community/th...u-play-opus-woodwinds-volume-controls.119486/

I am curious as to how HOOPUS woodwinds compare to other woodwind libraries, including phasing, scripting, etc... It would be great if ya'll could share some of your opinions.

Thanks in advance!
Thanks for reminding me about this post! I opted not to get Berlin at 50% off because I already have so much, and I should probably rewatch my own video and remap the rest of my HOOPUS woodwinds.

I have no clue when this has happened but their web page says the following:
The programming of the original content from Hollywood Orchestra has been updated to take advantage of the features included in the new Opus software engine, as well as the Hollywood Solo Instrument Series (now included in this expansion). Particular focus was placed on Hollywood Orchestral Woodwinds. After improving the original woodwinds, new ensembles were recorded, including 3 bassoons, 3 clarinets, and 3 flutes. "Once again, this was a huge success because of the quality of the players," says Phoenix, "Each woodwind ensemble works together on a regular basis and the tuning and timing are immaculate. These new recordings are unmatched in the virtual instruments world. The Opus Edition also includes new string, brass and wind multi ensembles that have a unique fat sound that captures the tuning of a large orchestra playing together in a live setting."

Is it in another thread the discussion related to latest OPUS instruments update? I guess it's minimal but what is it?

1701815749440.png

(looks shinier, GUI looks more defined?)

Is it in another thread the discussion related to latest OPUS instruments update? I guess it's minimal but what is it?

1701815749440.png

(looks shinier, GUI looks more defined?)
Just asked support, and apparently:

"It's a lot of small updates to samples (better editing out of artifacts), etc.
There's not a list of them available - just updates our sample editors adjusted."

I find it strange that they went back and recorded new woodwinds...but still only have a single oboe.
Nick Phoenix talked about possibly a "next phase of hoopus" with new clarinets and oboes.

He also talked about recording new stuff last year. I think he was probably referring to the Fantasy orchestra?

Have anyone tried any of the commercial templates for this monster? Which one is best? Poundsound or something else?
Synthestration’s Beyond the Storm is pretty awesome, premixed with expression maps loaded in (Cubase only though). The other one that I heard of but haven’t tried is Composing Tutorial Online (CTO)’s Cubase and S1 templates. I understand Poundsound’s one is awesome too but not premixed, but more of routed correctly, with all the orchestrator’s patches baked in.

anyone know how big these updates are?

kind of annoying that the download size isn't listed with the update. My only connection is my phone so can't do big updates

Synthestration’s Beyond the Storm is pretty awesome, premixed with expression maps loaded in (Cubase only though). The other one that I heard of but haven’t tried is Composing Tutorial Online (CTO)’s Cubase and S1 templates. I understand Poundsound’s one is awesome too but not premixed, but more of routed correctly, with all the orchestrator’s patches baked in.
Ok! Seems Synthestration is "out of stock" (?). CTO seems good , only a bit more expensive than Poundsound.

The volume with low velocity of the short by itself is different from the volume with low velocity of the keyswitch short, is this a specification?
The volume of the keyswitch short is unnaturally loud.

Greetings, late to the party, can I chime in here please with a question concerning Logic and Orchestrator?

Still DL the HOOPUS lib, the Fantasy Edition is already here.

What I want to achieve is this:

Play from the score presets for example and record a track. Now as we know, pressing a single key can trigger a multitude of Instruments.

How do I achieve to have all those instruments recorded onto separate tracks in Logic? Say you have percussion, strings and brass recorded from the Orchestrator. Now you want to ride the modwheel again, but only on the strings, not the entire "Multi-Instrument" For that I need each instrument to be placed into individual tracks, but how?

Thanks.

Greetings, late to the party, can I chime in here please with a question concerning Logic and Orchestrator?

Still DL the HOOPUS lib, the Fantasy Edition is already here.

What I want to achieve is this:

Play from the score presets for example and record a track. Now as we know, pressing a single key can trigger a multitude of Instruments.

How do I achieve to have all those instruments recorded onto separate tracks in Logic? Say you have percussion, strings and brass recorded from the Orchestrator. Now you want to ride the modwheel again, but only on the strings, not the entire "Multi-Instrument" For that I need each instrument to be placed into individual tracks, but …

Top Bottom