What's new

Herman Samples - Frozen Piano - Available NOW!

I bought it and was wondering how I can activate the pitch wheel for bending pitches. This is especially useful for the pads. Also useful for horror pianos too. What do I need to do to be able to use the pitch bend?

I really enjoy the Frozen Piano. Thank you very much for that beautiful instrument. Here you can listen to the first song I created with Frozen Piano.

Hi, I am afraid not. FastSpring's price includes your country's VAT, if that is what you meant :)

No it's the exchange rate, FastSpring's rate is $49 = £40, my card is $49 = £37, it's not much but when you're trying to save every penny I figured it was worth asking and I only object to it because Fastspring pocket that £3 difference

Theoretically, you could send $49+20%VAT to my PayPal, but if you are saving every penny, I respect that and do not want to see the world through numbers. Therefore, I would like to encourage you to wait for another opportunity sometime in the future instead when £3 does not make a significant difference to you - or simply save it for later!

Best,
Patrik

Theoretically, you could send $49+20%VAT to my PayPal, but if you are saving every penny, I respect that and do not want to see the world through numbers. Therefore, I would like to encourage you to wait for another opportunity sometime in the future instead when £3 does not make a significant difference to you - or simply save it for later!

Best,
Patrik

I think I phrased it wrongly with too much emphasis on saving pennies, it's not so much the saving of £3, I mean sure I'd prefer to spend less but it's more that fastspring pocket that £3 and you don't see any of it, it just doesn't sit right with me as it's like they're double dipping by taking their fee from you for each sale while pocketing extra money through inflated exchange rates. It's not an issue, just the principle and thought it might be worth asking to see if there was alternative methods of payment instead of paying fastspring a glorified fee just to pay in £'s :blush: I regret mentioning it now

Well, as mentioned, PayPal is an option (via PM) :) Other than that, no, there are unfortunately no other alternative methods of payment.

1st thanks for being so accommodating
2nd after playing with it for a bit the sounds are brilliant and I'm definitely going to have some fun using the library

And finally how does Pedal Noise work ? I'm probably missing something but it seems there's no keys highlighted to indicate audio on them ?

pedal.jpg

Hi again!

2nd after playing with it for a bit the sounds are brilliant and I'm definitely going to have some fun using the library
Thank you, I'm glad you enjoy the library!

And finally how does Pedal Noise work ? I'm probably missing something but it seems there's no keys highlighted to indicate audio on them ?
No, you are not missing something, no one (including me) has noticed that so far. I have made some changes to that single patch and now you can download it again using the link in your FastSpring's e-mail.

"Pedal Noise" patch adds noise when using sustain pedal (CC64). Because of that, there are no highlighted keys necessary. Two sliders control volumes of pedal up and down samples, the "Intelligent pedal" switch controls the noise volume according to your playstyle - the noise gets louder as you play harder, and gets quieter automatically once you play softer.

To replace the file:
  1. Download Frozen Piano - Others.zip file from your e-mail
  2. Extract it to a different folder outside of the library
  3. Copy new patch from "Instruments/3 Misc/32 Pedal Noise.nki" to your library's folder (the original one)

I hope that explains it!

Best,
Patrik

Hi there, is there some way to turn off the intelligent pedal off the main patch? Or is it naturally off? I keep getting random pedal up and down noise when I'm not even playing my track in my DAW. I'm not sure if it has to do with the intelligent feature or not. It would also be nice to have the option to reduce pedal noise in the main patch as well.

Hi again and thank you for the feedback!

I keep getting random pedal up and down noise when I'm not even playing my track in my DAW.
Yes, I was notified about that in the testing phase before the library release. Turns out, this is caused by DAW sending CC64 signal, not the library. Now that I'm thinking about it, I could start a listener on transpose start and skip every controller callback which occurrence is less than 10ms or so. So good news, that should be doable!

It would also be nice to have the option to reduce pedal noise in the main patch as well.
The idea was to keep the interface of Main patch fairly minimal and fitting all the controls to such small space was challenging (which is why I encourage users to use separate patches for more control), but if it is incredibly important to have an additional on/off control in UI (because I don't think I could fit extra sliders there), sure, why not.

Thanks for the input again - do you mind if I do the changes during the weekend? I'm going through quite a busy week :)

Best,
Patrik

Hi again and thank you for the feedback!

Yes, I was notified about that in the testing phase before the library release. Turns out, this is caused by DAW sending CC64 signal, not the library. Now that I'm thinking about it, I could start a listener on transpose start and skip every controller callback which occurrence is less than 10ms or so. So good news, that should be doable!

The idea was to keep the interface of Main patch fairly minimal and fitting all the controls to such small space was challenging (which is why I encourage users to use separate patches for more control), but if it is incredibly important to have an additional on/off control in UI (because I don't think I could fit extra sliders there), sure, why not.

Thanks for the input again - do you mind if I do the changes during the weekend? I'm going through quite a busy week :)

Best,
Patrik
Thank you so much! It's just that it is much easier to have everything in one patch. You could put the extra functions at the wrench bar menu that you have. No worries, take your time. Your library is good!

Hey wondering if you guys might be having or have had the same problem I have,

With the latest version of kontakt and cubase, i cant get frozen piano to work in that it asks me for the license. but i cant load in the license, clicking the button does nothing to load it in. keep in mind i have activated before and its worked no worries.

It works in kontakt stand alone, and it works in FL studio latest version too no worries.

But for some reason i cant get it to work currently in cubase, its worked in all the previous versions of cubase and kontakt together before now.

anyone else have the same problem by any chance? could you test it for me?

Top Bottom