What's new

Help with mod wheel - French horn - cc1 midi

bleupalmtree

I have a French horn from Berlin brass. Only problem is I don’t know how to ride the mod wheel on my controller (m audio hammer 88). Every time I record it comes off too loud or too quiet. I know I can draw it in but when I do that it just doesn’t sound right. I’m playing two long note follow by one short note then back to another long note.

I’ve spent hours and I can’t get it to where I want it. I’m not blasting the horn. It’s kind of gentle (if that makes sense).

Maybe I can see your sketch/drawing of midi cc1 screenshot picture so I can get an idea on how it’s supposed to look when drawing in the horn/when using mod wheel.

I need help

I’m using Logic Pro
I’m alright using strings with mod wheel

Last edited:
I have a French horn from Berlin brass. Only problem is I don’t know how to ride the mod wheel on my controller (m audio hammer 88). Every time I record it comes off too loud or too quiet. I know I can draw it in but when I do that it just doesn’t sound right. I’m playing two long note follow by one short note then back to another long note.

I’ve spent hours and I can’t get it to where I want it. I’m not blasting the horn. It’s kind of gentle (if that makes sense).

Maybe I can see your sketch/drawing of midi cc1 screenshot picture so I can get an idea on how it’s supposed to look when drawing in the horn/when using mod wheel.

I need help

I’m using Logic Pro
I’m alright using strings with mod wheel
Once you get the dynamic timbre you want with the modwheel use cc11 to get the volume level you want. Or use the instrument fader.

If I had to guess I’d say you are trying to play a gesture that is located along the seam of dynamic layers. So you may need to choose one or the other and use cc11 for dynamics. Or try one of the other Berlin horns to see if it handles the material better.

Top Bottom