What's new

Greetings from Valhalla!

seancostello

Hi there,

Sean Costello from Valhalla DSP here. I've been playing music for, wow, 38 years. Started with guitar, moved over to analog synths, then hardcore computer music (back when you wrote your score in Notepad, brought it into Csound, and then waited an hour to hear anything). I've been creating plugins since 2009.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi!

Sean

Sean, I am very happy that you’ve joined this place. You’ll soon find a LOT of love for your most excellent reverbs and delays. And also a lot of love for your most excellent pricing and (no) sales marketing strategy I might add. Respect all around!

I’m a huge Ubermod, Vintage Verbs and Supermassive fan myself. I shall read your contributions with interest and admiration!

❤️

Hello Sean, your great input over on GearSpace is always welcome. So welcome here too. It usually quite a nice place and people here seem to spend loadsamoney 😁

Hi, Vintage Verb and Delay fan here, will likely add at least Room and Shimmer; great plugs in every respect.

I appreciate the more than fair, no-nonsense pricing, and especially appreciate the the simple activation with a license key that can be used offline and locally, without dependence on a remote server.

Hi there,

Sean Costello from Valhalla DSP here. I've been playing music for, wow, 38 years. Started with guitar, moved over to analog synths, then hardcore computer music (back when you wrote your score in Notepad, brought it into Csound, and then waited an hour to hear anything). I've been creating plugins since 2009.

Sean
Been using Valhalla for years now. Glad to see you here.

Curious, I just started learning how to code. Any tips you have for beginners?

Been using Valhalla for years now. Glad to see you here.

Curious, I just started learning how to code. Any tips you have for beginners?
I have some "Getting started with reverb design posts" on the Valhalla site:

Great to have you here Sean, looking forward for your posts!
Apart from the excellence of your plugins (which I own them all), I admire your constant pricing, without the madness of sales / discounts. No custom shops with credits, forever coupons, discounts every couple of days and tons of spam!

Welcome aboard!

Since discovering VintageVerb and Room so many years ago, I've been an evangelist for your products for the following reasons:

They're excellent.
They're reasonably priced and there's no marketing drama.
Your DRM is my favorite type (other than "none.") - You give ME control of MY keys. No activation, no online BS.
You've been such a positive presence online.

I've posted many times on multiple forums that I'll buy anything you put out as soon as I learn about it. I want to support devs who embody all of the above points. There are other devs I do that for, but I don't necessarily use their products all that often. Yours, on the other hand, are on almost everything I've done for the last several years.

Thank you! And welcome!

Hi there,

Sean
Welcome! Very cool, you've got a lot of fans of your software here! All of them are fantastic, but Shimmer has something extra extra special about it :)

Sorry for the gratuitous fan-boying, Sean, but I'm an enormous fan of your work and extremely grateful for your contributions to music/audio technology. I've used your software on every record I've produced for the last ten years and counting. For what it's worth, tracks I've done using your software have been broadcast on jazz radio stations on every continent except Antarctica (and a friend of mine from high school worked on a research expedition there a few years ago, so there's a chance it may have been played there too....). Thanks for your commendable work and I look forward to supporting what you do moving forward.

Hi there,

Sean
Hello Sean,

Yes, I too own, love, and use your amazing reverb plugins etc.

I would love to see you also create a plugin that slows down audio/alters its pitch, as in, I would love to have a plugin that emulates the "Eltro - Information Rate Changer" as talked about on your site which was famously used for altering Hal 9000's voice in "2001: a Space Odyssey".

also...

And, if you create a tremolo plugin, I will buy it in a flash!

BEST WISHES to you, Sean!!!

Last edited:
Also, Sean, the "Valhalla Delay" plugin you created is mind bendingly fantastic!

Top Bottom