What's new

Getting rel samples to not trigger - some of the time

RiffWraith

Hi all. :)

I am trying to work with some older libs, particularly PSAM Brass.

To keep this simple - I have an instrument with on notes and rel notes, each in their own group. The rel notes being triggered upon on note release, works great for looping on notes, or for non-looping on notes, when the on note is stopped before it ends. The problem occurs when you have non-looping on notes and play to note's end - and maybe beyond. You then have to meticulously edit all of the MIDI note data in your seq so that the on note data ends precisley where the actual sample ends, otherwise you wind up with the on note ending, and then the rel note sounding some time later. This editing process is exactly what I am trying to avoid having to do.

So I was hoping that there was a way through scripting to solve this problem. The idea is to allow group2 (rel notes) to trigger as normal, but to not trigger when the on note has finished playing. I am guessing this is a long shot....a group is not going to know when another group's samples have ended...so how do you tell a group not to trigger when a sample from another group has finished playing? I was thinking something with disallow_group...but I can't wrap my head around how to implement it in this scenario. I was hoping someone more knowledgable than I might have an idea.

Thanks in advance! :)

Top Bottom