What's new

Frimomen - A new masculine SynthV voicebank from AH Software

mllebienvenu

I didn't see a thread for this voicebank, so I thought I'd start one.

I really like it's tone, it's not your typical boy band voice, sort of feels in the ballpark of Vocaloid's Big Al, or Gakupo. It still has a noticeable Japanese accent when singing in english, but it's not super distracting. It's brand new so there aren't a lot of english examples floating around, but here's one I quite like that I've found;

I just picked him up about two days ago and he's a lot of fun. Very characterful voice and is capable of bass parts where Asterion's character is wayyyyy too strong. It's even listed as one of his vocal modes (Bassmen). Playfully his vocalmodes all end with "men" (Youngmen, Gentlemen). Pitch him down an octave and select "Bassmen" and he gets a great low bass.

In the higher register he's a very welcome timbre difference to Hayden and Saros, who to me sound somewhat similar.

I just picked him up about two days ago and he's a lot of fun. Very characterful voice and is capable of bass parts where Asterion's character is wayyyyy too strong. It's even listed as one of his vocal modes (Bassmen). Playfully his vocalmodes all end with "men" (Youngmen, Gentlemen). Pitch him down an octave and select "Bassmen" and he gets a great low bass.

In the higher register he's a very welcome timbre difference to Hayden and Saros, who to me sound somewhat similar.
Thanks for posting this. I've been looking at this new voice for rounding out the bottom of background vocals ensembles. Did you purchase it directly from the ah-soft website or another retailer? I can't read Japanese so I'm not sure which links and buttons to click.

Thanks for posting this. I've been looking at this new voice for rounding out the bottom of background vocals ensembles. Did you purchase it directly from the ah-soft website or another retailer? I can't read Japanese so I'm not sure which links and buttons to click.
I can maybe post some examples for you if you want. I bought from DL Site because they had a coupon for 18% off 3+ more items so I bought three voices. Freemomen, Kasane Teto, and Tsurumaki Maki English.

Out of the three he's the most entertaining. Tsurumaki Maki's english isn't that horrible - she's pretty good and has a good adult and young voice. Kasane Teto though I'm not too keen on. She still has a slightly robotic quality to her, and her english is really off. You have to do a ton of fiddling to get her to pronounce things correctly.

I thought Teto was going to be great because her reviews were off the charts everywhere but I've come to realize she's like this weird meme character almost with this mythical background and one of the most popular vocaloids or utaus or whatever for the past 17 years and so people are just ecstatic that she's been brought to synth V. She's like in over 7000 original songs and the most used voice ever so all the craziness and stuff around her is more that this legendary character has been brought to synth v and not really because she's a great voice. Whatever - 2 out of 3 ain't bad lol.

Also if you're using Chrome, you should be able to right click on the page and select "Translate page to English" or whatever language your native language is. That's how I got around DL Site.

Last edited:
I can maybe post some examples for you if you want. I bought from DL Site because they had a coupon for 18% off 3+ more items so I bought three voices. Freemomen, Kasane Teto, and Tsurumaki Maki English.
Just wondering how you paid as someone in another thread reported that DLSite was blocking the use of major Western payment processors? Do you know if that is that still a problem? Thanks.

Just wondering how you paid as someone in another thread reported that DLSite was blocking the use of major Western payment processors? Do you know if that is that still a problem? Thanks.
Yeah, it was a bit of a PITA. DLSite isn't taking mastercard or visa at the moment but they will allow you to buy "points" using paypal. One point is equal to one yen. So if my total is 28000 yen, then I need to have that much in points.

The massive pain is that they only offer points in the amount of 1000, 2000, 5000, and 10,000. And you can only pay/buy one points card at a time - there's no cart to add a bunch of point cards. So I'd have to buy 10,000 points and then they'd send an email to me with a link to click on to bring me to a checkout site where paypal can charge me for the points. Because I don't want to get stuck with too many leftover points (which expire after a year) because I don't know when I'll buy next from them, it becomes a pain to get all the points you need. You get a serial number which you then redeem on DLSite and it adds the points to your account.

So if my total is 28,850, the best I can do is 29,000 points, which is two 10,000 points, one 5000, and two 2000 point cards. Which all have to be bought one at a time using the same send me an email, click on the link, pay with paypal, get a serial number, redeem the serial number, etc. Suffice to say it can be a bit of an laborious slog to buy all the points lol. All the while my butt is clenched tight hoping that paypal doesn't lock down my account when it sees multiple one time purchases coming in one after another at 3am for some foreign Japanese site lol.

The only reason I put up with it, is because between the coupon and the weaker yen, voices end up being around $52 each instead of the regular $80 if you buy from dreamtronics store or manufacturer's sites. I think I ended up getting like 7 voices so it ends up being over $200 in savings.

Last edited:
Yeah, it was a bit of a PITA. DLSite isn't taking mastercard or visa at the moment but they will allow you to buy "points" using paypal. One point is equal to one yen. So if my total is 28000 yen, then I need to have that much in points.

The massive pain is that they only offer points in the amount of 1000, 2000, 5000, and 10,000. And you can only pay/buy one points card at a time - there's no cart to add a bunch of point cards. So I'd have to buy 10,000 points and then they'd send an email to me with a link to click on to bring me to a checkout site where paypal can charge me for the points. Because I don't want to get stuck with too many leftover points (which expire after a year) because I don't know when I'll buy next from them, it becomes a pain to get all the points you need. You get a serial number which you then redeem on DLSite and it adds the points to your account.

So if my total is 28,850, the best I can do is 29,000 points, which is two 10,000 points, one 5000, and two 2000 point cards. Which all have to be bought one at a time using the same send me an email, click on the link, pay with paypal, get a serial number, redeem the serial number, etc. Suffice to say it can be a bit of an laborious slog to buy all the points lol. All the while my butt is clenched tight hoping that paypal doesn't lock down my account when it sees multiple one time purchases coming in one after another at 3am for some foreign Japanese site lol.

The only reason I put up with it, is because between the coupon and the weaker yen, voices end up being around $52 each instead of the regular $80 if you buy from dreamtronics store or manufacturer's sites. I think I ended up getting like 7 voices so it ends up being over $200 in savings.
Thank you so much for taking the trouble to explain all of that. I was aware of the points option but not exactly how it works, so your explanation makes things much clearer.

Using Google's website translator, I was able to figure out how to select the download version of the voicebank on the ah-soft website, but the option for me to purchase was blocked.

EDIT: This was a problem caused by the Google translator. The issue has been resolved below thanks to @raidergale , and I was able to purchase the voicebank.

Last edited:
Using Google's website translator, I was able to figure out how to select the download version of the voicebank on the ah-soft website, but the option for me to purchase was blocked.
I never tried anything except the dreamtronics store or the dlsite so I don't know if they just block foreign purchases on the ah-soft website. You might be forced to go through DLsite to get it.

You might be forced to go through DLsite to get it.
That may be the case, but I'm not willing to jump through hoops with all the points or credits and whatnot. If I can't quickly buy something online with PayPal in a normal transaction, then I go without. I'll pass on Frimomen but I'm confident a vendor like Dreamtonics or Eclipsed Sounds will eventually offer something comparable.

AHStore should work, I bought some voicebanks from them, this is the page with all the downloadable voicebanks, the blue button with "DL" on it redirects to a separate page where you can buy the product, and it also shows conversions in various currencies.
Frimomen is a nice deep voice, but since its voice provider is a Japanese native it definitely has an accent.
This is a quick test, please note that it uses Praat for pitch detection, thus it's not representative of Frimomen's autopitch function :)

View attachment HighHopesFrimomen.mp3

AHStore should work, I bought some voicebanks from them, this is the page with all the downloadable voicebanks, the blue button with "DL" on it redirects to a separate page where you can buy the product, and it also shows conversions in various currencies.
Thank you! I never stumbled across that page. I ended up on some kind of a "World Market" reseller site, and couldn't get any further. It turns out the Google translation service was causing the blockage. Your link worked, and I just purchased and downloaded the voicebank! :)

Genius

Actually I forgot to say that the dreamtronics store also uses the horrid and scammy fastspring, who charge tax regardless of if they're supposed to or not, so it's closer to $90 a voice in the dreamtronics store. By going through DLSite, I'm saving more like $40 a voice so it's more like $280 I saved.

That's why even though I'm not so hot for Kesane Teto I'm like, "Whatever - I'll find somewhere to stick her in a song eventually" because she was only like $50. If I had spent $90 on her, I'd be a little miffed.

Frimomen is a nice deep voice, but since its voice provider is a Japanese native it definitely has an accent.
I haven't found his accent to be that strong though - it's been pretty passable for me and anything that's weird, it's not that hard to fix. It's been a good voice to work with, unlike Kasane Teto which is a complete mess with English lol. Actually so far the only thing I've really had to adjust is the word "put", which he pronounces more like "Poot". But anytime I've used the word "put" I just adjust the length of the "U" using the phoneme slider to about 55% and that completely fixes it.

Thanks for the link and example.

In the UK the prices at AH Store inc VAT are much cheaper than Dreamtonics for VBs like Sheena, Hayden etc. e.g. £61.73 at AH vs approx. £76 at DT. Probably not as cheap as DL Site but much less faffing about!

Top Bottom