What's new

Free EXS format Matrix 1000 instruments

How best to setup /use these .sd / EXS files for this library ( in Windows 10 /11 ) ?
I think we'll have to reassign the samples in a sampler that we can use in Windows. All you'll have to do is check their tuning and assign them to the keys. There may be quicker ways with the right software, if it can detect notes automatically or convert from EXS to NKI or some such. But just importing the samples and manoeuvring them to the correct keys should be easy enough. Assign them to single keys at first. Check the tunings. Then spread them over the whole keyboard.

My home studio is packed away at the moment for re-decorating, so I won't be 'converting' them for a week or two myself.

I think we'll have to reassign the samples in a sampler that we can use in Windows. All you'll have to do is check their tuning and assign them to the keys. There may be quicker ways with the right software, if it can detect notes automatically or convert from EXS to NKI or some such. But just importing the samples and manoeuvring them to the correct keys should be easy enough. Assign them to single keys at first. Check the tunings. Then spread them over the whole keyboard.

My home studio is packed away at the moment for re-decorating, so I won't be 'converting' them for a week or two myself.
I think Kontakt 5.1 can convert EXS to NKI

For what it is worth so far, all sample sets have included eleven samples, from 0000 to 0010. Let's call these 0 to 10. All even numbers and zero are tuned to C, starting on C1 and going up. All odd numbers are tuned to F#, starting on F#1 and going up.

That makes it quick and easy to load them into Kontakt or any other sampler.

I'll report back if I find counter examples.

I've watched that video in the past and didn't notice that! Perhaps I was multitasking at the time. That does NOT mean drinking.
7b4.gif

...but I may be projecting.

The Matrix-1000 is lovely! And also, those 800 sound patches are very nostalgic to me. I bought mine right at the release in the nineties and used it in my first commissioned scoring job for a quadraphonic art movie installation at the EU HQ in Brussels. I too sampled it using Autosampler with Logic. I still have the hardware but use the samples more frequently in all DAWs and samplers.

I'm gonna piggyback on this thread with something on a tangent since yall discussing samples and stuff... I downloaded the free Alpine Project orchestral sample library and to my dismay the .nki patches only work with newer paid versions of Kontakt. However, it comes with folders of all the samples. Is there a way to group those samples together into a multi-velocity EXS24 instrument like you are talking about doing with the Matrix samples - that would not take me hours of work? There are so many instruments and articulations and I'd never have the patience to do them one by one. 1694870183840.png

Dearest Bee,
The change of seasons is a great time,isn’t it? I am happy to hear you are allowed to re-decorate your cell!
Who knows with some hard work,copious amounts of homemade grain alcohol and several hours of ritualistic prayers you might be able to transform your home studio into the ultimate dream dungeon!

Best regards,
KG 😘

Last edited:
Top Bottom