What's new

FL Studio not recognising Spitfire BBC SO dynamics etc

Hi all,

i have attached the below query with screenshots if easier.

Ok, so I have and issue with the dynamics/expression etc for the following :

Arturia keylabs 61 / FL Studio / Spitfire BBC SO

I have mapped the keyboard, and selected input port to 0 in the BBC SO, so that when I move the faders on the keyboard, the corresponding faders (dynamics/expression) moves in the BBC SO. So all good there.

However, when I go to record said dynamics, even though the BBC is showing the up and down movements when I move the faders on the keyboard, these dynamics are not recorded in the piano roll, and no movement is listed in the channel controls.

But here's the real weird bit. If I record, and instead of using the faders, use the mouse to move the dynamics or expression in the BBC, it records it, and lists the instruments in the channel controls. Even though they are performing exactly the same movements and displays exactly the same.

Anyone know if i'm missing anything obvious as I can't figure it out. It would almost be easier if the keyboard faders didn't affect any movement at all in the BBC when moved (then I'd know they were not mapped correctly) but they do, so I don't know why it is not recognising it.

Thanks,

Richard

Attachments

• Spitfire Issue - Copy.pdf
    186.2 KB · Views: 3
Hi all,

i have attached the below query with screenshots if easier.

Ok, so I have and issue with the dynamics/expression etc for the following :

Arturia keylabs 61 / FL Studio / Spitfire BBC SO

I have mapped the keyboard, and selected input port to 0 in the BBC SO, so that when I move the faders on the keyboard, the corresponding faders (dynamics/expression) moves in the BBC SO. So all good there.

However, when I go to record said dynamics, even though the BBC is showing the up and down movements when I move the faders on the keyboard, these dynamics are not recorded in the piano roll, and no movement is listed in the channel controls.

But here's the real weird bit. If I record, and instead of using the faders, use the mouse to move the dynamics or expression in the BBC, it records it, and lists the instruments in the channel controls. Even though they are performing exactly the same movements and displays exactly the same.

Anyone know if i'm missing anything obvious as I can't figure it out. It would almost be easier if the keyboard faders didn't affect any movement at all in the BBC when moved (then I'd know they were not mapped correctly) but they do, so I don't know why it is not recognising it.

Thanks,

Richard
Maybe I didn't understand your post exactly but when you record while moving your keyboard faders, you most likely record Midi CC (most likely CC1 and CC11) which will be part of your Midi clip. Can you display these Midi CCs for your recorded Midi Clip? It seems to me that in your case the Midi CC lanes are not shown by default.

Also, after recording your keyboard faders, does the playback work as expected or not?

Thanks for your reply.

No, after recording with the keyboard faders, the playback does not work as it sounded when i was recording and moving the faders. And it does not display in the FL studio movements.

I have attached screenshots of the midi settings (for the keylabs, and FL Studio).

I have noticed that in the hint panel in FL Studio, the midi input controller is green (with a question mark-usually an indicator that it is not working correctly) when i move the faders, and orange when i use the mouse (which indicates it is working). So this may be more to do with it (rather than the BBC settings).

I have tried following - In the FL Studio browser for the project, and in the 'Omni - Mod wheel (wrapper)' I entered O in the port. This then allowed one of the faders to work as it should, but only cause it is set up as CC 1 (default under the BBC SO settings). So i am kind of getting somewhere - though doesn't help how the other faders (i.e. CC 11 which controls the expression).

Also, in the generators menu in the current project, I tried setting ‘link to controller’, and selected said faders. Now, when i record, it registers the movements, and it displays the movements in FL Studio. So that's good. But.....when i play it back it does not play the expression and dynamics as recorded - the sound remains level, and is effectively the same level where the current faders are.

So...one step forwards, two steps back.

Attachments

• part two.pdf
    488.3 KB · Views: 2
Top Bottom