What's new

FINALLY OUT: Daniela Mars Contrabass Flute (50% Off Sale: $39.99)

Once again, according to the emails I received from Auddict as well as the posts here, the product was reportedly being delivered as 25GB. And as I pointed out in my initial email, Auddict stated here (after complaints about the 25GB download) that they would offer if both ways -- 25GB or 11.5GB. So my only question was, and still is, where do I download the 25GB version?

Last edited:
Poor me, who only purchased it because it sounds great!
Donny Grace said "in part".
The size of the library *is* a function of how great it sounds.
Would you have been as quick to purchase had the content only been 1GB?
For me, the specs are a factor in making my purchases.

Last edited:
... the specs are a factor in making my purchases ...
Of course. That's why I pay attention to whether the numbers refer to the raw .wav files or to the compressed size as installed. And why I don't like it when developers give a number but don't say which it refers to. In @Donny Grace's defense, I will point out that Auddict's product description says "25GB of high-quality sample content", which is ambiguous.

We're gonna offer the options - so all customers will get an e-mail with the option to download the compressed half-size version or the raw wav with organized folders version

Once again, according to the emails I received from Auddict as well as the posts here, the product was reportedly being delivered as 25GB. And as I pointed out in my initial email, Auddict stated here (after complaints about the 25GB download) that they would offer if both ways -- 25GB or 11.5GB. So my only question was, and still is, where do I download the 25GB version?
Donny, why not contact Auddict and ask if you want the uncompressed version and not the compressed version?

Note: The actual audio data quality is exactly the same in both, it's just that one uses lossless compression to reduce the size on disk.

Last edited:
Auddict's product description says "25GB of high-quality sample content", which is ambiguous.
Not in the current form, where the content is not compressed, and matches the actual size of the samples. It will be with the compressed version. But in this case, the uncompressed size is usually revealed by the developers.

Paolo

Thats an amazing sound! I have not listen to a contrabass flute before. Wonder if there is any classical orchestra music using a contrabass flute......, I like to listen.

Of course. That's why I pay attention to whether the numbers refer to the raw .wav files or to the compressed size as installed. And why I don't like it when developers give a number but don't say which it refers to. In @Donny Grace's defense, I will point out that Auddict's product description says "25GB of high-quality sample content", which is ambiguous.
I don't need any defense, but yes indeed, there was no mention of "raw". To the contrary and to recap the thread, the discussion here was that the actual download was 25GB initially, not the size before delivery. Then people started complaining to Auddict that the download was too large. Several people even encouraged Auddict to not change it. Nevertheless apparently they did and Auddict stated here that they would send customers emails with options to download either way. My post was merely in response to Auddict indicating that I didn't get such an email. I only got an email with a 11.5GB download. Meanwhile, whatever was done to the files caused me to have to do a batch-resave to get it to load -- something I rarely have to do with a new release. For that matter, I've got pretty much all the Auddict products and haven't run into an issue before like this.

You wouldn't be able to listen, since the orchestra would overload the flute even at the lowest dynamics! :grin:

Small ensembles, yes!

Paolo
Alright, concerto for contrabass flute, triangle and flexaton it is :).
Anyway, I think it will sound great with Albion Tundra....

Donny, why not contact Auddict and ask if you want the uncompressed version and not the compressed version?

Note: The actual audio data quality is exactly the same in both, it's just that one uses lossless compression to reduce the size on disk.
I responded to Auddict here.

So the current download is a smaller size due to it arriving as a compressed .rar file - you'll need to extract it once downloaded, which will then unpack the full 25GB set of files. As of yet, the option for the compressed instrument version itself is not up just yet, but we are currently setting this up

So the current download is a smaller size due to it arriving as a compressed .rar file - you'll need to extract it once downloaded, which will then unpack the full 25GB set of files. As of yet, the option for the compressed instrument version itself is not up just yet, but we are currently setting this up
Thank you for the follow-up on the download options.

For those of you who already have this - how long does it usually take before you received your download links? I bought this about 10 hours ago but still haven't received my download email (but did get an order confirmation + the charge has gone through) and have checked the spam folder. I submitted a ticket to @Auddict but haven't heard back yet.

For those of you who already have this - how long does it usually take before you received your download links? I bought this about 10 hours ago but still haven't received my download email (but did get an order confirmation + the charge has gone through) and have checked the spam folder. I submitted a ticket to @Auddict but haven't heard back yet.
Should be instant! DM me your e-mail and we'll find your order and check for typos etc quickly and get it re-sent

Should be instant! DM me your e-mail and we'll find your order and check for typos etc quickly and get it re-sent
Hi again Auddict, any idea as to when the sale will end for the Contrabass Flute? It is just so that I get an idea on time as to when to purchase it before the sale ends. Thank you so much

Top Bottom