What's new

EW Opus Resource Locator help

smokersdeluxx

Hi I need help with east west opus

Whenever I try to load up an instrument it would direct me to the resource locator menu. This happens on some instruments, not all of them.

>whenever I click the cloud icon in the top right corner of the resource locator menu it would give me the green circle in the top right of opus and download the instrument/sample, when done, I click on the instrument to only prompt me back to the resource locator menu again causing me to pull my hair out.

The library in particular that is giving me issues to the EW hollywood brass opus

>I've already uninstalled and reinstalled the library, no dice

>I've already located the library to its designated location in the east west installer

>I have the current updated version of opus

>I have already contacted support - they told me to do a "force complete download". Upon doing that and firing up opus I get the same error

>Currently waiting for a reply.

This is an issue whenever I have opus open in Cubase, HOWEVER, when I do the exact same thing in FL studio I have NO problem loading up an instrument in the Brass opus library. I have came across the same resource locator issue on FL studio on some instruments and it would prompt me to download them. I do so and have no issues loading/playing an instrument.

I thought it was a DAW problem so I did the exact same thing in ableton and it gives me the same resource locator issue. Same thing with Pro tools. (not that I would score in pro tools but just wanted to check).

Anything helps

Attachments

• EW Opus Resource Locator help
    resource locator error.png
    91.8 KB · Views: 12
Likely they got back to you already, but for anyone else finding this issue, the issue is probably that
your library files are too far down a filepath so some articulations/samples aren't loading correctly. (this doesn't happen on Mac, but windows has a filepath length limit.

Make an Drive Letter:\EastWest\ folder and putting all of the libraries in that folder. If your library path is much longer than that, try making that shorter folder path name then reset the path in the EW Installation Center:

1. Open the Installation Center and Login with your soundsonline.com account.
2. Click the main menu in the upper right corner and choose ‘Library Directories…
3. Add in the Main library folder ('Drive:\EastWest or whatever you called it), where all your libraries are stored on the drive
4. Click the ‘Default’ box to make it the default install location
5. Return to the main window, click the main menu again but this time choose ‘Reconnect libraries’

or in Opus:

Click the Settings/Gear icon > Preferences and go to the 'Locations' tab. Add in your Drive:\EastWest\ folder as the library directory and click 'Reconnect Libraries'

Top Bottom