What's new

Epic Trailer for my Youtube Channel

mediumaevum

I've made a short teaser as an introduction for my youtube channel.
Please let me know your thoughts on this, and be honest and tell me whether it invites you subscribe or not.

Is the trailer good enough? Is the music too "epic-like" (too loud, noisy, whatever)? Let me know any of your thoughts, as this will of a great help for me, when making a youtube channel teaser.

Updated version:

Last edited:
The music is fine. My comment is about the video. If you want to invite people to subscribe then the video needs to provide some information about the channel and probably invite you to subscribe. Literally. I read your your About section and you definitely have a couple things going on in your channel. I think this video is a great place to summarize (briefly) what you do and provide a call to action.

Last edited:
yeah, need to put some of your about info in the video. Why do I want to subscribe to this channel? Watching it I thought it was just demo reel of some of your CGI.

I've made a short teaser as an introduction for my youtube channel.
Please let me know your thoughts on this, and be honest and tell me whether it invites you subscribe or not.

Is the trailer good enough? Is the music too "epic-like" (too loud, noisy, whatever)? Let me know any of your thoughts, as this will of a great help for me, when making a youtube channel teaser.

The muic is nice. The video gave me vibes of good ol times around 1995-2002 when such fan made animations were the deal :)

Music is way to compressed for me. :)
Some bullet points could not hurt. I have no Idea what I watched.

Edit: The Logo does not read very well. MediumA vum. I can't read latin, but maybe it should be spaced like Medium Aevum?

Music is way to compressed for me. :)
Some bullet points could not hurt. I have no Idea what I watched.

Edit: The Logo does not read very well. MediumA vum. I can't read latin, but maybe it should be spaced like Medium Aevum?
It's an Æ (which is basically AE and is sounding a bit like an English "a" or the "ey" in "hey" but stopping before you get to the "y"-part of the "hey" (and without the "h"). If you get the idea :)

It's a latin letter, most often used in medieval latin texts. Though, some scholars say the "Æ" sounds more like "aye" in Latin. I don't know which version is true.

Medium Ævum litereally means "The Middle Ages" in latin. My channel is the same as my username here, but in my logo I compressed the letters A and E into an Æ, as it makes it easier for Danish viewers to get an idea of the spelling (as I mainly 3D-reconstruct Danish medieval castles, churches and abbeys).

yeah, need to put some of your about info in the video. Why do I want to subscribe to this channel? Watching it I thought it was just demo reel of some of your CGI.
Done. I've updated the video. I need to tell the message in 4 lines, as I want to keep the teaser as short as possible. "History", "Animation", "Soundtracks" - "All at once" -> mediumÆvum. Would that work?

Done. I've updated the video. I need to tell the message in 4 lines, as I want to keep the teaser as short as possible. "History", "Animation", "Soundtracks" - "All at once" -> mediumÆvum. Would that work?
Better! I actually missed the word "history" the first time. And on second viewing it seemed like it might be announcing a history of the topic of the video — like a history of your personal animation background or something — not the subject of "history" itself (if that makes sense).

I love that the Soundtracks comes in with a choir.
Animation makes sense and is well timed / placed.
Maybe (an idea) "History" could fit somewhere in the middle, OR an even more specific word could be used? ("Middle Ages"?)

"All at once" is not clear to me.
Another idea: I could imagine a repeat of the three previous words in rapid succession (instead of "All at once") to simply show them all together.

I am still missing a call to action, that you want people to subscribe, or contact you for any of these things....

Finally, I have had feedback that some people get headaches or worse when reading white letters on black background. I still make the "mistake" myself in some videos, but it's something to keep in mind as an accessibility concern. https://uxmovement.com/content/why-you-should-never-use-pure-black-for-text-or-backgrounds/

I am still missing a call to action, that you want people to subscribe, or contact you for any of these things....
Thanks - I will consider all the ideas above, but this one I need some help with:

Do you have any suggestions on how I could make this "Call to Action"/"Subscribe"-invite, without being "impolite"?

Hi MÆ, that sound quite epic and proud, nice job!

In light of today's general level of quality out there, regarding rendering and animation, I can imagine that the best way for you to get subscribers is to invite them to witness your journey into greatness, acknowledging that these are early works of passion and you show a clear intent for everything to rise in quality and glory, or whatever sounds pompous enough! :grin:

Don't aim to "compete" with what you have there, but to inspire and share your exploration.

Musically, well... the one thing that kicked me out was right after the first choir chord comes in it cuts abruptly to the next without a hint of legato, making it sound rich at first and then instantly cheap.
The rest, well, it sounds "typical" enough to be perfectly adequate for an indi-game teaser.

I'm almost certain this is not the place to give you feedback on the visuals, but if you wanted some, feel free to PM me anytime! :)

It's an Æ (which is basically AE and is sounding a bit like an English "a" or the "ey" in "hey" but stopping before you get to the "y"-part of the "hey" (and without the "h"). If you get the idea :)

It's a latin letter, most often used in medieval latin texts. Though, some scholars say the "Æ" sounds more like "aye" in Latin. I don't know which version is true.

Medium Ævum litereally means "The Middle Ages" in latin. My channel is the same as my username here, but in my logo I compressed the letters A and E into an Æ, as it makes it easier for Danish viewers to get an idea of the spelling (as I mainly 3D-reconstruct Danish medieval castles, churches and abbeys).

You going to have a channel with history, animation and soundtracks.

What are the soundtracks, and how do they fit in? You may want to cut the soundtracks away - at least as a theme - and focus on history and animation. Spontane thought.

I thank you for all the ideas and feedback.

I've decided that I won't do a teaser. I'll let each individual video speak for itself, and let people judge my works on their own and decide for themselves whether to like or subscribe. Sounding "pompous and proud" will only lead to a downfall in my "career" as a Youtuber, I fear.

Alternatively, a channel teaser should be hidden, only to be shown at specific occasions to small groups of people to judge my works - when they're in a hurry and don't have enough time to watch a full 2 minute animation.

Above all, there's a weird trend in the world that puts artists like you under a silly pressure that isn't real or healthy. You're well on your way to create wonderful content, piece by piece developing the power to realize your ideals, the things you wish to see. Don't let the whole idea of being a "youtuber" hold you back or push you into the wrong mindset. There's much left to discover and develop for you. What makes the best youtubers, ironically, is those, who do share this process openly, just as I had suggested up there already. You could consider this route and don't think for a second it would lessen your energy or appearance or appeal. Quite the opposite!

Any stage, real or virtual, asks for performers to step onto. What makes a great performer is the confidence that goes with it. And you cannot "fake" it. You have to feel it and know why. That's why rushing into it can only hurt you, really.

So... relax, enjoy the enormous privilege of having access to the tools to direct your will with joy and true wonder. It's a massive gift and you have it. Don't ever let it strap onto you the wrong kind of burden. Orient yourself properly and know that we all are here for each other and want to be found for the most natural of reasons.

Thanks - I will consider all the ideas above, but this one I need some help with:

Do you have any suggestions on how I could make this "Call to Action"/"Subscribe"-invite, without being "impolite"?
My thought is — If you want something, ask for it. What’s the worst thing that could happen?

Top Bottom