What's new

Does Synchron Strings 1 add much when you have Duality + Pro?

Paul Jelfs

Just noticed there is a really good crossgrade price on Synchron Strings 1 for me.

I have Duality and Synchron Pro and really like the legato, as I understand it Synchron I has a lot more dynamic layers, especially on the longs?

Can anyone with all three comment on whether they feel adding Strings I is worthwhile when I have the other 2 libraries ?

Thanks

Short notes with 8 velocity layers are the only thing worth mentioning about them. But if you would ask me to by Synchron Strings 1 for those, I'd say no.

I have all three and use Duality exclusively. When I just had Pro and Strings I , still didn't use Strings I.

Your mileage may vary but I think you're covered. Duality is VSL's way forward for now.
This pretty much.
Having the ff shorts from SSP in tandem with SDS is nice though. But as far as "does SS1 add anything beyond that" goes, I'd say there are far better ways to spend that money.

What kind of crossgrade price are we taking about?

To me, yes, there is a difference in sound. It adds something to SSP. It’s hardly as though SSP is no good without them, but if you have the other two and you’re still interested enough to be asking, maybe it’s worthwhile just to demo them and see for yourself whether it’s worth your crossgrade price.

I think it is somewhere in the region of 150 euros .

What tempted me most was the amount of Velocity layers on the legato / longs - but that does not guarantee anything. I tried to find how many SDS has in comparison but couldn't find.

Besides sometimes more dynamic layers can lead to more problems crossfading. I guess its my addiction, my GAS asking mostly, but one thing that did intrigue me were the Marcatos ( on SS1)

If this is your main reason, personally I recommend to get one of the current or upcoming Duality Strings libraries instead.
Hi Benn,

I have Duality Strings (Normal) but couldnt find a reference for the amount of layers.

Is there more coming....?

Also , the longs , how do they compare layer wise with SS1. Those Marcatos are really good on SS1.

Velocity layers are not everything.
That's why we carefully test what would work best with the instruments and decide on a per articulation basis.

I don't know the exact amount of velocity layers for the legatos of Duality Strings, sorry.
But I prefer this libraries qualities and character to any other strings library. The amount of velocity layers have not bothered me so far, so I didn't care to ask.

Top Bottom