What's new

Do you have a pro level experience syncing tempos between midi regions or midi vs audio in Logic Pro?

Emanuel Fróes

Many times i have to deal with "tempo chaos" in Logic Pro. I see that Studio One for example does not has some great things for tempo that Logic has. Anyway i wonder if someone there mastered this part and have some tips?

There are many techniques for this (for example, just playing again some midi part with the audio togheter; time stretch, flex pitch...) but i would like to know if you have some rules and methods when it comes to sync of tempo in situations like transcriptions or even attaching improvisation to compositions already on click? And principally, how do you sync midi to audio that is in rubato or very free time? Do you use some automatic feature most, or it goes note by note?

on attachment some work in progress, of a midi transcription of J. Collier where i have to sync with audio, not only transcribe.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-02-19 at 18.36.38.png
    Screenshot 2022-02-19 at 18.36.38.png
    163.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
i would like to know if you have some rules and methods when it comes to sync of tempo in situations like transcriptions or even attaching improvisation to compositions already on click? And principally, how do you sync midi to audio that is in rubato or very free time? Do you use some automatic feature most, or it goes note by note?
I would recommend getting into Logic's (deep) Smart Tempo feature. You can do all of these things with it.

Top Bottom