What's new

Controversial opinions

Pouring the milk in first, then adding the tea bag and hot water after, is the correct way to make a brew. 🤨
When I visited London for the first time, I ordered a tea and was so confused when I got a cup containing milk! and a tea bag drawning in it. I almost started a fuss about it until I was told by friend that that's how people drink tea there. I was really shocked.

When I visited London for the first time, I ordered a tea and was so confused when I got a cup containing milk! and a tea bag drawning in it. I almost started a fuss about it until I was told by friend that that's how people drink tea there. I was really shocked.
You were right to be shocked. Some loons do indeed put the milk in first, but they are...y'know...loons ;)

I've never understood it with tea. Coffee sure, but not tea. Not sure on the reasoning for it, i've heard people say its so the boiling hot water doesn't burn the tea. I call b.s! Tastes the same either way, only difference is if the milk goes in last, you can dial in the exact amount ev-reeeey-time for those fussy drinkers.. I mean *cough* loons! *cough*

I'm not sure you've understood me. I was not confused by the fact that the milk was poured first - I was shocked that you can add milk to the tea at all!

I see! Well, depends on the tea. If it's flavoured (like mint etc..) or proper tea leaf blends, no milk. If it's chep-o tea, add the milk and sugar. - it's an improvement.

I experimented with it later back home, adding milk and honey. Quite tasty, I must admit. I've got lots of weird looks from family though. My grandma told me women used to drink it (and call it 'Bavarka') to stimulate lactation when breastfeeding o_O

Pouring the milk in first, then adding the tea bag and hot water after, is the correct way to make a brew. 🤨
Leaving aside the whole part about doing the right things in the right order, I don't understand people who can actually drink something made with brewed paper and tea chaff. ;)

Last edited:
I don't understand people who can actually drink something made with brewed paper and tea chaff. ;)

Sacrilege! - and I thought CeDur was the monster... You're not one of those, "can I have double cream, marshmallows and some hazelnut syrup in my coffee please" - loons, are you? :o)

Last edited:
Sacrilege! - and I thought CeDur was the monster... You're not one of those, "can I have double cream, marshmallows and some hazelnut syrup in my coffee please" - loons, are you? :o)
No, sir, I am not.

And thank goodness for Covid, because otherwise there might have been some very public and perhaps horrifically criminal incidents involving neocosmopolitans thinking they were "all that" just for saying "chai". :o)

I can’t stand old music, I don’t really listen to anything before the year 2000, there’s a very small handful of songs from the 90s I like but anything before that is absolutely terrible and I just can’t listen to it

Top Bottom