What's new

CME WIDI Master Bluetooth Wireless MIDI Interface. Any user experience?

I have 6 of these. And so far I have no issues at all (Well except the flagship Waldorf Iridium whic doesn’t have a powered Midi out 😳)

I don’t notice an extra latency using them. The hardware for me has been solid. The app a little less so, it has a learning curve and by default they’re in auto mode which means if they find another CME device they will auto pair with it. That took me a while to understand why I could pair my first one to my Mac but as soon as I powered on a second they would both disappear (change the default mode in the app one at a time to stop this)
Once you understand that I’ve had zero issues with them.
My use is all Apple btw never tried them with Windows

I just bought one to use with my WX5. It's easy to use, and the latency is quite impressive. Even updating the firmware went without a hitch. I don't use the MIDI "In" part, because I only need to transmit to my computer, not a hardware module. I have seen no difference recording into Bitwig and Logic than if I was using a USB connected keyboard.

I have 6 of these. And so far I have no issues at all (Well except the flagship Waldorf Iridium whic doesn’t have a powered Midi out 😳)

I don’t notice an extra latency using them. The hardware for me has been solid. The app a little less so, it has a learning curve and by default they’re in auto mode which means if they find another CME device they will auto pair with it. That took me a while to understand why I could pair my first one to my Mac but as soon as I powered on a second they would both disappear (change the default mode in the app one at a time to stop this)
Once you understand that I’ve had zero issues with them.
My use is all Apple btw never tried them with Windows
Good to hear! I'm on a windows computer. For now, I'm only trying to transmit midi from a synth or midi controller to a DAW.

I just bought one to use with my WX5. It's easy to use, and the latency is quite impressive. Even updating the firmware went without a hitch. I don't use the MIDI "In" part, because I only need to transmit to my computer, not a hardware module. I have seen no difference recording into Bitwig and Logic than if I was using a USB connected keyboard.
I'm on Windows, but I was wondering about the set up process on Mac. You just activate Bluetooth, add the device and pair...or there's more to it?

On a Mac you need to click on connect in the audio and midi manager app (part of the OS) after powering on the device. Initial pairing is very straightforward though.

Been looking for a wireless midi solution. Has anyone used this one for real-time recording?

CME WIDI Master Bluetooth Wireless midi interface:

WIDI Master: SN: D8 37 3A ED xx x xx xx, BT F-Ware: 0.1.7.7, Hardware: 0.0.0.2., $59+-.

Squirrely¡ Req's iPhone app. + open-source bit & piece-ware, to configure¡
After 1hr. thorough trying-to-make-it-work wasted, returned!

Mid-’23, MAYBE a $50. USEFUL, 0 TIME WASTING SOLUTION?

You need the app to update the firmware.
On my iPhone 14, I dl the app, connected to the device, initiated the firmware update and it just worked.
To connect it to my Mac, I opened up the Audio Midi Setup app, selected bluetooth, selected Widi Master, and it paired immediately with no issues.

Top Bottom