What's new

CineStrings Core 2.0 is now LIVE on Native Access!

I have to prepare for work but there are some references to the timelines in this infamous thread.

I did read that thread at the time it happened.

According to Merriam-Webster, “DISHONEST implies a willful perversion of truth in order to deceive, cheat, or defraud.” I do recall people accusing Cinesamples of raising prices in order to make sale prices look like bigger discounts than they would have been if the prices had remained the same. There are two factors involved: events and intent. The events are indisputable. Intent, however, is very difficult to decipher.

Honesty is easier to read than dishonesty. If people say something and it proves to be true, then it’s likely they were being honest. Conversely, if people say something that proves to be false, were they lying or simply wrong? How do you know?

Even if Cinesamples’ intent was pure, which I acknowledge that some people don’t believe, I’m not saying that anyone should buy their products based on that alone. A lot of factors are involved with how we choose to spend our money. We each have to weigh them and decide for ourselves.

I have to work too, but I’ll continue to follow this thread as time allows.

Best,

Geoff

Last edited:
For me, any debate ends if they offers free to Musio Player of the Kontakt Libs that you already own crossgrade ™️

Meanwhile, as Steve wrote: “we will continue to sell our Kontakt libraries in that format“.

I may be a latecomer to the party, but I'd like to point out a few issues (bugs?) I experienced with CineStrings Core 2.0.
Instrument ranges have been extremely reduced on a few of them (the worst offenders were the Cellis and the Contrabasses). Still, I've also noticed that the first Violin section has a reduced range compared to their brethren from the second Violin section. Oddly enough, the second violins maintained the original range from Core 1.4, while the first violins got cut from G2 to G6 (with C3 being middle C) to G2 to D6. I've already reported this to customer support in April 2023, and there has been no fixing so far. Core 2 was an upgrade on some fronts but felt like a step back on others. For the time being, I'll keep using Core 1.4. hoping these issues get sorted out and the original instrument range restored

I may be a latecomer to the party, but I'd like to point out a few issues (bugs?) I experienced with CineStrings Core 2.0.
Instrument ranges have been extremely reduced on a few of them (the worst offenders were the Cellis and the Contrabasses). Still, I've also noticed that the first Violin section has a reduced range compared to their brethren from the second Violin section. Oddly enough, the second violins maintained the original range from Core 1.4, while the first violins got cut from G2 to G6 (with C3 being middle C) to G2 to D6. I've already reported this to customer support in April 2023, and there has been no fixing so far. Core 2 was an upgrade on some fronts but felt like a step back on others. For the time being, I'll keep using Core 1.4. hoping these issues get sorted out and the original instrument range restored
It’s abandonware

Yeah, I was nearly going to post here again the other day..played a bit with cinebrass..man, I'm pissed off they won't be updated..they'll never get another penny off me..
Not even offering them free in Musio albeit with fewer features is a kick in the balls too…

Yep,

Musio is for the cool kids now…Kontakt versions have been dumped on the scrapheap…

@Cinesamples-SG don’t get a bean from me….
Needless to say, ditto. Now I understand why I never got a straight answer from tech support in April 2023. I've been a fool; instead of buying only the libraries I wanted to use, I should've bought the MUSIO Perpetual License when it was at a crazy discount.
Silly me...

Yeah, I was nearly going to post here again the other day..played a bit with cinebrass..man, I'm pissed off they won't be updated..they'll never get another penny off me..
Same here. This is one bad experience. I don't even want Musio. I just want that they keep their word.

I don't think it's a wise business decision to abandon Kontakt. If Musio fails there would be Kontakt as a fall back solution. I mean which is more likely to survive long term? I think the risk is higher with Musio. They just have to keep the Kontakt offerings attractive via updates.

Is it just me or is the Musio version of CS Core much different from the updated Kontakt version? Specifically the Musio version seems to have much wider (and accurate) dynamic range, and the articulations are the right volume balance, making it very comparable to Cinematic Studio Strings. While the Kontakt version has a narrower dynamic range and some articulations like harmonics and trills are much too loud?

I have also noticed the same thing with CineBrass, the Pro solo tpt and solo hn are quieter in Musio than Kontakt, etc.

It would be nice to get some clarification but I'm pretty sure the Musio samples are redone and represent the non-normalized, accurate volume version of these samples.

At the same time, there is one really weird bug (or strange but intentional decision?) in Musio which is that the solo trombone from Pro is... only the muted articulations?! ... there are no sustain or short artics for the basic, "open" horn.

It is so sad really, how they abandoned their flagship Symphony Orchestra in Kontakt, and not fulfill the much needed updates that was expected, promised. Clearly they put all the focus and effort to Musio and is a really good new platform, but isn’t a good move abandon their Kontakt users. There is a lot to keep on improve these classics on MGM, even record articulations or instruments that keep on missing right away, as also make new ones as Dynamics. There are annoying differences between the short articulations that they don’t play same duration of each note, missing arts, missing legatos, this is vastly audible right away and so on. Is beyond me how can they don’t reinforce their most popular flagship, to make them complete, well rounded, with today top standard quality. The MGM room it is something truly unique, I just don’t see how could didn’t go further to make it better.

Of course is even more than that, from studio to sound engineer and players!

There is something special in the sound of this series

I'm disheartened to hear they won't be updating their other libraries. I was looking forward to it. I own a lot of their libraries too. I've enjoyed some of what Musio has to offer, but I'm not sure if I've enjoyed it enough at the cost of losing those other libraries being updated.

Last edited:
The more the devs annoy me the richer I get. I just keep using what I have . And let’s face it…most of of here have more sample libraries than we need.

We like to buy new shiny but if the new shiny ain’t there GAS soon subsides.

Or if the updates don’t come like spitfire or cinesamples we just disengage.

Hey guys, I wanted to ask if Musio has the old samples from CineStrings rather than 2.0. Musio is beautiful but damn it's noisy. Especially the strings. Does this problem been solved in a CineStrings 2.0 update? Anyone can check?

Top Bottom