What's new

CineStrings Core 2.0 is now LIVE on Native Access!

Must say I'm really liking the update..
Just got around to playing with it yesterday evening..
Seems pretty much bang on now..
It's nearly the string library I'd recommend to people..
Only makes me want the rest of them more, but I'm sure they'll be worth it..

Must say I'm really liking the update..
Just got around to playing with it yesterday evening..
Seems pretty much bang on now..
It's nearly the string library I'd recommend to people..
Only makes me want the rest of them more, but I'm sure they'll be worth it..
Dat Brass update expectation has me

1684888213658.png

The new update is really good. But isn't there anything that can be done about the CPU spikes, @shanerr89?

The current state is not very usable for me. If I play a melody for some time without interruption, I can see the CPU increase by 10% every minute (or so). After ten minutes it reaches 100% and I need to reset the Kontakt instrument with the [!] button.

I read something (in a thread I can't find) about the release samples or voices not being released properly and that they sum up. Can this be the problem? Also with the other libraries who constantly have hanging notes?

Question for @shanerr89 - Why does the new ensemble sustain patch sound totally different from version 1.4? The old version sounds great... The low end is just perfect and unique. The only issue with the old version (and the new version) is the high CPU usage. I'm using the highest-spec Mac Studio with 256 buffer size, and I still have to use bounce in place in logic in order to use this library smoothly.

I don’t think there’s any harm in asking, but it’s usually more productive if you message Cinesamples directly. They’ll tell you what’s going on.

The last update fix those reported issues. Still heard some strange release ring notes on low octaves with cellos and basses. Hope they could include parameters numbers for all faders and knobs also. It’s a must have

Hi all, anyone knows how to see volume numbers on faders? Maybe at back on user settings in Kontakt? I could not find it yet, I want to make my own mix with all the outputs routing as the default stereo 1-2.

There are any visible parameter number on player 2.1 yet, could these must need it values on faders and knobs displayed on a future update? @shanerr89

Thanks

great to hear! and yes, the hot fix here will be available as an update through NI as soon as I can get the files through their pipeline :emoji_thumbsup:
A year later, I can report that Strings 2.0.1 is an excellent update. Initially, I didn't realize that the older version wasn't replaced by 2.0, and I was still using 'Cellos True Legato' for example. The actual 2.0 is just what Cinesamples needed.

Now the big question is, what is the roadmap for Winds 2.0 (and Brass, Pro extensions)?

@Cinesamples-SG @shanerr89

A year later, I can report that Strings 2.0.1 is an excellent update. Initially, I didn't realize that the older version wasn't replaced by 2.0, and I was still using 'Cellos True Legato' for example. The actual 2.0 is just what Cinesamples needed.

Now the big question is, what is the roadmap for Winds 2.0 (and Brass, Pro extensions)?

@Cinesamples-SG @shanerr89
There was issues on release of the update but the newer update seemed to have fixed the issues and was great. Overall it's now a very nice update for the strings. However, I've now completely stopped using all my Cinesamples libraries in my template due to the hanging notes issue in Cinebrass. Just annoyed me way to much and hoped the new 2.0 updates would fix this. I would not expect any new kontakt updates any time soon though as their focus is definitely now almost completely on Musio. Would not be surprised if we never see another 2.0 update for any more of the kontakt libraries.

Top Bottom