What's new

Cinemap Kontakt 4 Only????

paulmatthew

Does anyone know if Cinemap is for Kontakt 4 only? I'm about to pick up OTS mind control and made me think of using cinemap . It is no longer on their site and I'm using Kontakt 5 but do have cinemap installer. If it is not available , is there another utility that does the same thing ?

Yes, unfortunately it is not available for K5. And No, it is not currently on the table for the K5 update.

Best,

Cinesamples Team
SE

Sure you can load it in Kontakt 5 too, that's easy. You just have to copy the script .NKP and all the pictures to relevant Kontakt 5 folders and it will work.

So, if you had CineMap here:

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Native Instruments\Kontakt 4\Presets\Multiscripts\Cinesamples\CineMap.nkp

Then copy it here:

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Native Instruments\Kontakt 5\Presets\Multiscripts\Cinesamples\CineMap.nkp

Same goes for CineMap related pictures that are found in:

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Native Instruments\Kontakt 4\Pictures\

Copy the folder containing CineMap pictures to the relevant folder for Kontakt 5.

So there's no need to wait for CineSamples to do their update. It's fairly easy to do it yourself. :) Mac guys can do it much in the same way, it's just a slightly different path.

I am a mac guy and already got it to work. Greg at OTS told me he could help me with it , then I realized it probably needed to be in the same locations as his Mind Control utility . Played with moving the files and it works.

Locations for Mac are:

the cinemap pictures folder goes in Documents/Native Instruments/Kontakt 5 /Pictures

the Cinemap .NKP script folder goes in Documents/Native Instruments/Kontakt 5/Presets/Multiscripts

I hope this helps anyone else trying to get Cinemap to work in Kontakt 5.Thanks for posting up windows folder location mk282. Unfortunately , Cinemap is no longer found on the Cinesamples website and there are no plans to update. It does however work when the files are moved to the proper location for kontakt 5.

If you gents and ladies want a better, more powerful version of Cinemap get Orange Tree's Mind Control. Greg actually scripted cinemap based on our concept drawings - the whole plan was just to make keyswitches much easier. Totally check out Mind Control - great price for what it does.

Top Bottom